Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can someone give me the scoop on all these miracle power programmers or sensors on ebay. I'm pretty sure I know what they do, but do they work. My truck is all stock for now. Do they cause any problems and are they easy to install? Will I notice the difference? Sorry, but I'm sure there will be many more stupid questions to follow. I've done other projects b4 (honda civic), but they weren't my daily driver. I just want to do things right the first time.

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
if ur talking about the "resistor" chips...go to Radioshack, u can get em for 15 cents there and they do the same exact thing.

This is me telling u that theyre a scam and a waste of money :biggthump

·
Gas Guzlin and Tire smoke
716 Posts
If your talkin about those stupid resistor things that go for like 20 bucks, ur waistin ur money, but if ur lookin at Hypertech power programers, or some other type of hand held programmer go for it, i think the best results for our trucks would be hypertech power programmer.

Stay away from JET chips tho

·
Registered
462 Posts
As the old saying goes, if it too good to be true then it is not. All of those little tricks that sell on the web are not worth the time to read about. Stick with the proven technology like the Hypertech programmer or have the PCM flashed.

·
Blown and Squirted
2,513 Posts
DownBoi said:
If u want the "same effect" of those chips, but for absolutely free. Look into the IAC mod. If u cant find any info on it let me know :biggthump

^^^^ He means IAT. Where you move the intake air temp sensor from the intake manifold to your cold air intake tube.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.