Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
umm, what?
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This summer my 231 blew and I let my Durango sit until just recently. Finally have a diff transfer in and rebuilt front driveshaft to the tune of $640 me doing the wrenching.

Anyway, my problem is NO being able to use 4HI or 4LO. I have it stick in 2HI.

What is the correct way of adjusting the linkage? If possible would someone post a pic of their linkage do I can make sure I put it back on properly.

When I put it back in my linkage was above my front output and seemed like it wouldn't connect so I relocated loosened and worked it till it fit.

I placed in can selector in neutral and spin tbd railway spline and from knuckles freely.
Then I attached my driveshaft.
Had no luck at getting tranny to engage for anything. So I messed around until I got it in 2WD, I know this from gravel burnout lol..

Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks Bill

·
Registered
385 Posts
You can move the lever on the side of the transfer case manually to make sure you get all the ranges. Anyway here's pics of my linkage.

Shifter end. The bolt where the rod goes through is what you loosen to make the adjustment.

Case end

·
umm, what?
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, all is well. The transfer rod which attaches to the adjuster to in cab shifter and to the linkage was upside down. Relocated to above driveshaft, placed cab lever in "current" known setting of 2HI, moved back until I was sure vehicle was in 4LO and readjusted cab lever until it was all the way back in 4LO by the "lurch" of placing vehicle in gear. All other transfer positions fell right into place.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts