Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently finished a 5.2L V8 swap into a 1999 Dakota V6 5spd 4x4.

Under heavy acceleration/load it bogs badly from 2k to about 3.5k rpm, although intermittently it doesn't bog at all. If I accelerate at less than half throttle there's no bog, but abruptly bogs when I go past half throttle.
At the time of the swap I replaced the distributor rotor/cap, wires and plugs.

Using a cheap bluetooth OBD dongle and my cellphone I logged my commute over several days.
When it bogs, there doesn't appear to be any unusual readings from the MAP, TPS or O2 sensors but the timing advance drops to 0 during the bogging.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Solved the issue when I finally found a MT PCM to replace the AT PCM. I assume the AT PCM was cutting power at expected shift points by retarding the ignition.

The AT PCM had noticeably more top-end, I assume that's related to the earlier version of "software update"? AD on the AT vs AE on the MT.

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
469 Posts
Ah, you might have mentioned that MT/AT issue in your first post, could have given us something to go on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it definitive that the AT PCM won't play nice with a MT driveline? I definitely read several posts in other forums claiming the only issue was the CEL would always be on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts