Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 dodge dakota SLT with the 4.7 motor 2wd and I started to part it out but only sold a few things so now I'm in the process of rebuilding it from the ground up.

I bought a donar truck(1998 2wd 3.9L) for a few parts and I just noticed that the rear axle on my donar truck has a different coupler then on my 01 dakota......my 01 has a flat plate that bolts to the axle while the 1998 axle has little half circle brackets that go over the pin.....I'll post pictures tonight when I get home.

I'm sure there is a way to make this work since it's the same exact truck just 3 years apart and a different engine trans combination. Can the axle be used or and I pretty well screwed?

·
ZenDak
147 Posts
I know this is an older post, but is this '01 truck the graphite grey one, with HO cams?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know this is an older post, but is this '01 truck the graphite grey one, with HO cams?

Yes it is. Drive train is for sale btw

·
ZenDak
147 Posts
Holy old post revival,,, just signed in for the first time in a while. I was just curious whatever happened to the truck? I'm the original owner :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts