Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're going to do some exhaust work, A cold air intake and 3" exhaust. Has anybody done this? If so have you noticed a big enough difference to spend the money? Exhaust work in the past on a couple other vehicles has been nice improvement, don't know if we should do a cat-back system or run 3" from y pipe collector all the way back. Does anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
15 Posts
We're going to do some exhaust work, A cold air intake and 3" exhaust. Has anybody done this? If so have you noticed a big enough difference to spend the money? Exhaust work in the past on a couple other vehicles has been nice improvement, don't know if we should do a cat-back system or run 3" from y pipe collector all the way back. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry I was just joking that it takes me way back to when I first got my 1999.

I’ve heard endless discussion comparing retail mufflers and going to exhaust shops, but there’s been one thing I never had the money to do back then:

Take it to the dealer and get the Mopar performance car back exhaust put on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you ddm2k for the meme and the post. Yesterday afternoon we decided to run 3" exhaust from the collector at the y all the way back. Flowmaster 50 series with a cold air intake. We pick it up tomorrow morning, hoping it turns out as planned, wish us luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you ddm2k for the meme and the post. Yesterday afternoon we decided to run 3" exhaust from the collector at the y all the way back. Flowmaster 50 series with a cold air intake. We pick it up tomorrow morning, hoping it turns out as planned, wish us luck.
If my calculations are correct, you should have enough displacement to make that 50 sound really loud. Flowmaster kits usually try to put a 70 on them and you really can’t hear it over the clutch fan. (That always seem to be running at full lockup, lol)

I think you’ll be happy with it. Next upgrade is definitely an electric fan swap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts