Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not have the owners manual.
Just got the truck about a mth ago.
On the dash cluster when I turn on and use the cruse control I do not have a light showing 'cruse' is on. Should there be one? If so I take it the bulb must need replacing correct?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Not sure on the older trucks but mine comes up on the odometer. I wouldn't worry about it unless it REALLY bugs you.

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
mine says it under the odometer reading, as for the first of the gen III's, my 98 didnt have it so i couldnt tell you. does a cruise light come on when you turn you truck on and it runs the bulb check?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mine says it under the odometer reading, as for the first of the gen III's, my 98 didnt have it so i couldnt tell you. does a cruise light come on when you turn you truck on and it runs the bulb check?
I have a few bulbs out.

Brake light bulb even when I put the parking brake on it does not come on but it does work that the daylight lights do go off when engaged. I suspect bulb needs replacing.

The ABS bulb was working (turned on for a second when first start up) but not anymore ever since I changed the ABS sensor on the rear axle..

Cruse light never seen it come on. I hate that the cruse only turn on when going over 55 kmh.. Wish I could set it to 50 kmh on certain roads.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
It's for idiots, if they didn't have that people cross walking would get hit from lazy people running around town with the cruise on and not being able to react fast enough.

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
how do you replace a bulb in the dash panel anyway ?

·
3,230 Posts
how do you replace a bulb in the dash panel anyway ?
ive never had to replace the cruise bulb, but the backlights and the shift light, blinkers, etc are just the small twist-in bulbs in the back of the cluster. as for the "information panel" indicators, im not sure if those are individual or if they're on a printed circuit or whatever you wanna call it.

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
ive never had to replace the cruise bulb, but the backlights and the shift light, blinkers, etc are just the small twist-in bulbs in the back of the cluster. as for the "information panel" indicators, im not sure if those are individual or if they're on a printed circuit or whatever you wanna call it.
thanks man. if the sun hits the instrument panel you can see all the covers for the lights. my door open light doesn't come on either.

·
3,230 Posts
thanks man. if the sun hits the instrument panel you can see all the covers for the lights. my door open light doesn't come on either.
i just forgot ive got an old cluster sittin in my closet. its from an 01-04 tho. that one has all the "warning" lights on a printed circuit and the bulbs are soldered into the circuit board. i used to have the 97-00 cluster around but got rid of it when i sold my 98, sorry.

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
i just forgot ive got an old cluster sittin in my closet. its from an 01-04 tho. that one has all the "warning" lights on a printed circuit and the bulbs are soldered into the circuit board. i used to have the 97-00 cluster around but got rid of it when i sold my 98, sorry.
i'll just pick one up at the local junkyard myself, but thanks though.

·
3,230 Posts
i'll just pick one up at the local junkyard myself, but thanks though.
no prob. just remember the mileage from your truck wont stay with the new cluster, your truck will read whatever mileage the replacement cluster has on it and may mess with your inspection when it comes time. if you have one.

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
no prob. just remember the mileage from your truck wont stay with the new cluster, your truck will read whatever mileage the replacement cluster has on it and may mess with your inspection when it comes time. if you have one.
i understand that. what i'll do is grab the cluster or check behind it, and just see if i can take some bulbs to use on my cluster.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry I meant
"I must have a few bulbs out"
Waiting for above zero weather to replace the bulbs. Hopefully they are replaceable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Replaced some bulbs. / Cruse / ABS /
I did not have any LED so I could not replace (Solder in new ones) for the Brake light and Door Ajar.
Maybe in the summer if I get bored I will replace the LEDs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts