Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a new (to me) truck I just bought, and when I accelerate, it seems to shift hard and delayed when going from 1st into 2nd and from 2nd into 3rd. Once I get above 25 MPH all is perfect and smooth. Here's the thing, if I'm more aggressive with the accelerator from a dead stop, then the problem is almost non existent. Speed sensor perhaps?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you may need to adjust you TV cable going down to the transmission. About 2/3's of the way down see TV Cable Adjustment-PDF. This is the HONEY HOLE for modifications info on the Dakota.

http://www.bionicdodge.com/bionic downloads.htm
Thank you, Thank you, and THANK YOU. It fixed it right up! I took the clip loose, moved the cable 1/8 inch forward, and it all works great now. It was shifting from 1st into 2nd at about 22 MPH, and kind of hard. It now makes that shift at 15 MPH, and is much softer.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thank you, Thank you, and THANK YOU. It fixed it right up! I took the clip loose, moved the cable 1/8 inch forward, and it all works great now. It was shifting from 1st into 2nd at about 22 MPH, and kind of hard. It now makes that shift at 15 MPH, and is much softer.
Glad to be of assistance. Hold on to the link and read over all the modifications. Some of them on there will really help wake up you Dakota.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts