Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my '06 Laramie 4x4 now (hence my username), so the old Dakota is serving as back up. It is a bit overpowered to let my teenager drive when she turns 16 (anyone who has driven a V8 Dakota 2WD on a wet road with empty bed knows what I am talking about) so I am thinking it is time to sell it. Here is the good and bad about it:

1996 Dakota SLT Club Cab, 318 V8, automatic, 244,000+ miles, two tone white (top & bottom) & driftwood (middle) with red stripe, tan/taupe interior bench front seat with fold-down armrest, factory alloy wheels, Dodge bed liner, factory tow package, limited slip rear end, pwr brakes, steering, windows, locks, cruise control, all work perfectly. All original, no modifications of any kind.

A/C works, but needs freon (likely a small leak in system), Infinity stereo is touchy -seems to have loose wires, sometimes have to tap to get it to work, left speakers not as loud as right.

Interior is extremely clean. Small tear in vinyl portion on lower side of driver's seat where the backrest tilt control is located. Otherwise, seats very clean, dash has no cracks, door panels very clean as well. Carpet does have some stains and wear areas typical of a 17 year old vehicle, but really not bad at all for that age. I noticed some water in floorboard after a heavy rain, so the door seals could use changing. I used the Shop Vac to get rid of the water and have the truck under cover now.

Paint on hood is flaking off, few minor dings on other panels, nothing major. I ordered this truck new in December 1995. It was my daily driver for several years, then relegated to weekend use since about 2004. It has been in a couple minor dent and scratch incidents, never anything at high speed to raise any frame concerns. As I think about it, all 3 I recall were "side swipe" incidents, resulting in the replacement of both front and rear chrome bumpers due to damage on the bumper edges. One wheel was replaced with an OEM due to the wheel being scraped. Driver side rear view mirror (chrome) was replaced. Sides were repainted, but hood and roof are still original, which is probably why the hood is now peeling.

Oil changes have been done every 3,000 - 5,000 max. Transmission was rebuilt at about 150,000 miles, and was recently serviced. Runs very smoothly, cranks every time. Good Toyo tires with plenty of life left.

Kelley Blue Book range for 1996 SLT Club Cab with 245,000 miles is from $4,845 for Excellent to $3,895 for Fair. This one is in Excellent mechanical shape, and interior seats are Excellent, carpet is Good. Hood paint, A/C lacking freon, door seals, and twitchy radio are the negatives. Asking price is $4,000.00, with some room to negotiate.

Truck is located near Augusta, Georgia. I will try to post pics from my phone shortly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And a couple more...

Note also this truck has resided and been driven in middle Georgia its entire life, no snow or salt driving.

1345468378181[1].jpg

1345468378485[1].jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All PMs have been answered. To give all lookers the same info:

(1) Miles are predominantly highway. I have always had an ~75 mile round trip daily commute to an office job. Truck was used for weekend hunting and other recreation, hauling wood and trash, towing small boat, etc.

(2) The tow package does include a factory transmission oil cooler. I probably towed a small boat or trailer about 15 times with the truck over 16+ years.

(3) The truck does have a full size spare under the bed.

I will be glad to answer any other questions. Send a PM or e-mail me at [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts