Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

This is kind of an odd question. But I'm 6'6", and I have an excellent opportunity to purchase a nice 87 Dakota locally, however amongst test driving I found the seat to be too high up.

Is there another interchangeable seat I could swap in that'd be lower? Or a decent way of cutting and rewelding the current seat to get it lower... I'm talking an inch or 2, would make a HUGE difference. I'd even venture out and get an aftermarket one, along with a smaller diameter steering wheel, I'd be golden. But I don't know what works for this specific truck.

I really like the truck, so if anyone can offer advice it'd be VERY much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Matt

·
elpoepdiputskcuf
2,493 Posts
go to junkyard and try to find daytona seats from around same year. shadows will work too. i think. their supposed to bolt right onto you brackets.
if not, just find some out of a camaro. they sit really low and u can lean the whole seat back. not just the seat back. if that makes sense.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
go to junkyard and try to find daytona seats from around same year. shadows will work too. i think. their supposed to bolt right onto you brackets.
if not, just find some out of a camaro. they sit really low and u can lean the whole seat back. not just the seat back. if that makes sense.
Ok, What years are interchangeable? This sounds like an excellent option. Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

-Matt

·
elpoepdiputskcuf
2,493 Posts
big guys dont fit in srt4 seats.... LOL

dont really know what years are interchangable. hopefully someone who has done it will chime in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had put Daytona seats in my 87 and my 94. Had to do some work to brackets to get them to fit, but was worth it. The 87 I was able to use the bench seat mounting points, but didn't have anything in the center. Just used some angle iron. If I remember correctly the 94 had brackets under the rubber mat for buckets. Got a nice console to really finish it off nicely. Might have put you 1 or 2 inches lower in cab, but not much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts