Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some guidance and advice on the tallest and widest tire that will fit with 18 or 20 " wheels. I'm not looking for offroad style tires going more for Rally type street performance.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
you can go 20X10 quit easily BTW welcome to the boards

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about tire size? I'm hoping to go as large as 285-50. Anyone running a tire that big?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I'm running 275/45/20's on mine. Eagle GT II's. it you don't plan on lowering you'll be fine. turn radius only leaves 1/2" before rubbing, so be careful.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. One more question if I may? How did you lower your Durango? Everything I see say's no lowering kits for 4x4's.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I am pretty sure that Rock has not lowered his D.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
GOON'S D said:
I am pretty sure that Rock has not lowered his D.
big negative on that. you can lower a 4X4, but from what I've read they crank the torsion bars down and throw blocks in. I dig the lowered look, but I need mine at stock hieght. I filled my gap with the 20's. I don't know of anyone that makes a lowering kit for a 4X4. check out http://www.gsmotorsports.com they're always in the know... :woot:

·
Registered
165 Posts
My buddy has a 4x4 dak and he put 18's on it with nitto terra grapplers the size is 285 60 18 he rubs just a tad when the wheels are turned all the way. They look bad ass by the way.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wyhdrt, do you know what wheels your friend is running? I'm interested in the width and backspacing? If you could post a pic that would be great. What a coincidence, I had almost decided on that same tire before I saw your post. Now I'm really interested. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have 265/55/20 in the front and 295/55/20 on back and its been lowered an inch in the back on my durango... it looked awsome and rode better :) highly recommend those

Attachments

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
nice look'n D

·
Registered
165 Posts
He's runnin the centerline edge 2's in an 18x8 http://www.centerlinewheels.com/wheels_detail.php?mw_id=6&sw_id=45
He got the polished ones cause i have chrome 20's on my R/T and chrome sucks for the weather conditions around here. As far as backspacing i'm not sure but i know centerline had to machine them for his specific bolt pattern. Thats how they make them i guess. Anyways those rims and the 285/60-18 nitto terra grapplers look bad ass on his truck. It really made it look more rugged and off road looking. He has a black 4x4. I'll try to get some pics of of him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts