Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
pressurized
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone out there put 150 shot on there 4.7 mine has ran perfect with the 100 shot but was just curious about the extra 50 horses i have all the regular stuff h/o cams,intake,headers,computer upgrade. thanks for the help :wave:

·
pressurized
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MoPaR DaK said:
What all is done to it... just what's listed? I would not go over 100 on stock internals.
pretty much just what i listed and you no like cold air intake and throttle body spacer nothing internal except the cams

·
Registered
103 Posts
Be careful

Read this thread first.

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8061

7 cracked pistons, shredded intake, loss of daily driver due to 100 shot.

There is another link with pictures of a guy who hit the NOs at 3000 RPM and really messed up his hood, intake, block, pistons, TB, the works.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Opie, that's the same guy...lol...don't know why that post came up, cause he just blew his engine running spray....sorry to hear about that though, that would suck bad.

·
adicted to GT4
273 Posts
CTRedDak said:
Not to say that I've spent much time looking, but is there a direct port kit available for the 4.7?
make your own. as far as I know there isn't a direct port kit for the 2.5L avenger either (or wasn't a few years back) and I know several poeple with direct port set ups. it just takes a little more work.

I am also going to guess he was running a wet shot which is prone to pooling in a manifold set up like ours (and the V6 venges) so a drykit is recomended if you want to not run a direct port setup which is the best way to avoid this type of thing.

·
pressurized
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lordofchaos said:
make your own. as far as I know there isn't a direct port kit for the 2.5L avenger either (or wasn't a few years back) and I know several poeple with direct port set ups. it just takes a little more work.

I am also going to guess he was running a wet shot which is prone to pooling in a manifold set up like ours (and the V6 venges) so a drykit is recomended if you want to not run a direct port setup which is the best way to avoid this type of thing.
yup no more spray for me i just sticking with what i know and thats making shit very loud :biggthump

·
adicted to GT4
273 Posts
pressurized2 said:
yup no more spray for me i just sticking with what i know and thats making shit very loud :biggthump
Yeah, I may be spraying down the road, but I am wanting to go with a custom fuel and direct port setup when I do, and it will also be post SC install. Basically just another fun toy to get the big 4x4 QC dak down the 1/4 faster. I want to run 13s on 35" tires and jut seriously mess with peoples heads once I am done. But that all comes after paying off the truck so it will be a little while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts