Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Double Ought Dakota
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
will they fit? i cracked my K&N and am thinking of purchasing a 14" round with the x-treme flow top, will it fit onto the TB? i know they come in different heights so that wond matter, but the main issue is will it work on the throttle body?

i searched, and i understand it may fit tall wise (i will be getting a cowl here soon) but will i need an offset base? if so why?

·
Registered
548 Posts
You'll deffinatly need an offset base. I you open your hood and stand back and look directly down the middle of the truck, the motor is offset to the left. I'm going to go w/ the same set up when I get my hood. Makes sense that one should get more power that way....but don't know for sure. Hope this helps you out.

·
Double Ought Dakota
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i know about that, but really it dosent "have" to have an offset base, all that would do is center it in the hood the 1" it is offset to the left correct?

it will still "fit" right? i guess i will find out tommorrow when i get the filter.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Let me know how it goes and what you get so i make the right purchase. Don't know if you would get one w/o an offset base b/c if you got a cowl hood then the raised section wouldn't be lined up. Don't know for sure, so don't quote me on that. I'm just rambling on about what's going on in my head about it all. Good luck w/ the upgrade.

·
Double Ought Dakota
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i hope this is an upgrade we will find out (i have an fipk) but i dont think 1 1/16" is going to make that much of a deal, but we shall see.. :mullet:

·
Double Ought Dakota
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well it fits fine with an s bolt, you can tell the motor is offset, but it is wicked to see a 14" on a newer car. ill throw some pictures up soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts