Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellas. just thought i would get some ideas/opp. for ya'll. im puttin a 12 inch sub in a custom box between my seats in a reg cab dak. what ya'll think. loud? shitty?

·
Registered
872 Posts
i have a box that would fit two 8in kicker solobarics. You'll be luckey to get 10s between the front seats, so 12s would prob not fit. It would be definately loud, two the point were i would say you should add an extra set of tweeters in your b-pilar.

And it would be alot of work to get it to look good because, if i were to do it i would mold it to the dash and mold it to the floor with fiberglass and then build my box off of that.

I plan on doing this this spring, summer just need the time.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my idea

what my idea is....
its gunna be 13 inches where the sub sits right behind the seats and is gunna kick in 2 inches on each side and i have 9 inches between my seats. theres gunna be a box prob 15 inches long and i havent figured out the height yet. im building the box this weekend, infact i am tonight, ill take pics and have them posted.

i was gunna do tweeters but too expensive *dont have the money* right now i need to buy a hood b/c mine flew open on me and bent the shit outta it *wasnt a plesent site* and i need to buy a new front clip. thinkin of the one that dakraven has. not sure. still desiding. but back to the subs. are the l7 8" loud? my buddy has 2 12 inch l7's in his extend cab rt. let me tell you when you get out of the car you can barley hear. he also has 5 tweeters and alot more that i cant rember right now, b/c i just woke up. but i will get this sub to fit. its only gunna b using this sub for a month till i get the money for the one i want. im gunna be using a p miller that i got brand new for 50 bucks on sale. so im kinda dissapointed but i need some bass for the dak. im gunna be goin with a 12 inch se or sx by www.reaudio.com great subs there and extremly cheep too.

im out talk to ya'll later

·
Car Audio God
502 Posts
blackdakondubs said:
what my idea is....
its gunna be 13 inches where the sub sits right behind the seats and is gunna kick in 2 inches on each side and i have 9 inches between my seats. theres gunna be a box prob 15 inches long and i havent figured out the height yet. im building the box this weekend, infact i am tonight, ill take pics and have them posted.

i was gunna do tweeters but too expensive *dont have the money* right now i need to buy a hood b/c mine flew open on me and bent the shit outta it *wasnt a plesent site* and i need to buy a new front clip. thinkin of the one that dakraven has. not sure. still desiding. but back to the subs. are the l7 8" loud? my buddy has 2 12 inch l7's in his extend cab rt. let me tell you when you get out of the car you can barley hear. he also has 5 tweeters and alot more that i cant rember right now, b/c i just woke up. but i will get this sub to fit. its only gunna b using this sub for a month till i get the money for the one i want. im gunna be using a p miller that i got brand new for 50 bucks on sale. so im kinda dissapointed but i need some bass for the dak. im gunna be goin with a 12 inch se or sx by www.reaudio.com great subs there and extremly cheep too.

im out talk to ya'll later

Yup, with your space and power...i'd go with an SE :)

NG

·
Registered
112 Posts
i got a 12 behind the drivers seat in my reg. cab r/t and i sit a lil cramped to the wheel. and just my one 12 sounds good in the cab atleast, but not outside. but i have two 12in audiobahns with 1100 watts rms each and a mtx thunder 1004 amp that im puttin in my bed with a custom box that will be loud when im done wit em. but yea in a reg cab its hard puttin anything big

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I have a Crossfire DB310 behind the drivers seat and it is in a really small box and it just fits, I would say a 12 is going to champ you to much, but do what you want.

·
Car Audio God
502 Posts
sniper rt said:
i got a 12 behind the drivers seat in my reg. cab r/t and i sit a lil cramped to the wheel. and just my one 12 sounds good in the cab atleast, but not outside. but i have two 12in audiobahns with 1100 watts rms each and a mtx thunder 1004 amp that im puttin in my bed with a custom box that will be loud when im done wit em. but yea in a reg cab its hard puttin anything big
HORRIBLE choice in subs and amplifier...hit me up if you're interested in REAL stuff...

NG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts