Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Benz Tech
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, what all do I need to convert from the 1 piece front bumper to the 2 piece?

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
provided they're the same as dakotas, i can tell you what i know from experience. My 98 sport had a two piece. the top piece was the metal, gloss black section with the plastic, color matched bottom. My 04 SXT was the 1 piece, just gray plastic, with a metal frame inside the top section. My 02 Sport is a 2 piece, but its different from my 98. where my 98's top metal section was one exterior piece, my 02 has a metal inner frame (like the one behind my 04's) thats covered by black plastic. then the bottom section is like my 98's, plastic color matched to the body. so which two piece are you lookin to do? as far as i know, the brackets are all the same, just slightly different top sections depending on what truck it is.

·
Benz Tech
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really all I need is the upper piece and mounting brackets as I am going to install the keystone shelby lower piece. So should the upper piece bolt right up?

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
as far as i know, the top piece should have no problem bolting right up. there are 2 other brackets to support the ends of the bumper, but i think they actually mounted inside the plastic lower valance. not positive on that, tho.

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
Really all I need is the upper piece and mounting brackets as I am going to install the keystone shelby lower piece. So should the upper piece bolt right up?
Maybe sure you get a Keystone, all the others are POS.

·
Benz Tech
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Benz Tech
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
I meant as far as the Shelby Super-Pursuit style bumper. Don't buy anything from Sarona, Erebuni or anyone else who sells that style bumper. I've checked them all out, cheap and very light with the fiberglass resin, it's almost like foam-core. Keystone and rt1designs (if they are still around) are the original manufacturers of that style.

·
Benz Tech
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I meant as far as the Shelby Super-Pursuit style bumper. Don't buy anything from Sarona, Erebuni or anyone else who sells that style bumper. I've checked them all out, cheap and very light with the fiberglass resin, it's almost like foam-core. Keystone and rt1designs (if they are still around) are the original manufacturers of that style.
I didn't know anybody else made that kit. Thanks for the advice. Any advice on where to get one at the best price?

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
I didn't know anybody else made that kit. Thanks for the advice.
No problem. Just want to help a member out, you don't wanna spend $$$ on crap.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Sorry, I meant who else makes a shelby style other than keystone.
You have a link in your post on the durango club forum. racetrucktrends.com The made the original in uerthane.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.