Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Getting Old
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how smart it would be to take the body bushings out, i figured it would give me a good one inch of drop. I guess its just gonna be a lot stiffer of a ride, but from everyday driving, is it gonna be too stiff to where i would break anything?

· Registered
257 Posts
What you gonna do about the bed? It don't have the bushings like the cab and rad support. Front bumper is gonna be off line also, I'd rethink the body drop idea. :biggthump

· Getting Old
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the bed doesnt have body bushings? booger...i didnt even think about the bumper being off...yeah, lets just not even continue this thread.

· Registered
86 Posts
DownBoi said:
the bed doesnt have body bushings? booger...i didnt even think about the bumper being off...yeah, lets just not even continue this thread.
Wait no no! Let's not stop the thread quite yet!

You've just got me curious now... the bed does sit on little cross members that support it on the frame, couldn't they just be notched? And as for the bumper... there is easily an inch gap between the bottom of my headlights and the top of the bumper, and if that wasn't enough you could always fab some brackets for it, couldn't you?
:banana2:

· Getting Old
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the body bushings? Just to make the whole frame less rigid i guess...And i dont have a back bumper so thats one bracket i dont have to worry about. But i guess since im looking to get the best possible handling from my truck, a more rigid body would probably be good for me. BTW hows that drop kit working out for ur A DICK :joke: Addicted2Blue?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.