Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
i don't know of any downsides to it. i do know that they cause less friction which results in cooler temps. i don't have it on my truck yet i think the last time i looked it was like $475 for my R/T, but i'm still saving up for a couple of things

·
Speed Freak
269 Posts
check the aftermarket parts listing for sites on rr's

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Sam at www.socaldakota.com has a special right now on them. I do not recall the price but check out the site and send an email to him and he will get back quick. Got my M1 (on the way) and headers from him. Great CS

Travis

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
cory said:
great, thanks for the link:)
Glad to help! Sam's good to deal with... does the business on the side so there can be a delay on parts if not in stock but still is good at keeping ya in the loop. :D

·
Registered
504 Posts
The 1.6 ratio should give you 6 extra horses at the rear wheels. The 1.7 ratios should afford about 15 horses at the rear wheels. A better throttle response should also be expected.

The money spent on this mod is rather high for the gain. Keep in mind that guide plates should be changed along with the rods.

For my money if I were going this deep I would spend the extra cash and port the heads as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
would i have to get a more aggressive cam to have a mean sound at idle or will the higher ratio rockers do it? (not likely :()

·
Registered
504 Posts
The rollers will make the cam appear to have a longer duration, thus giving you a little rumble at idle. Good News!

Keep in mind that if you rev above 5,500 RPM longer push rods will have to be installed along with the roller rockers. I would purchase the entire kit and stay on the safe side.

;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts