Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a set of 1.7's and I'm not exactly sure which ones to go with stainless or aluminum... crower, comp or harland does it make a difference? who has them for the best price...anyone with any input let me know...Also how much gains are we lookin at with a set of 1.7's, M1, and ported throttle body?

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
mopar360 said:
I'm in the market for a set of 1.7's and I'm not exactly sure which ones to go with stainless or aluminum... crower, comp or harland does it make a difference? who has them for the best price...anyone with any input let me know...Also how much gains are we lookin at with a set of 1.7's, M1, and ported throttle body?
There have been many long, heated debates about the various rockers, especially from the people who sell them.

The vast majority of the Dakota R/T Club members are using either Crower or Harland-Sharp Rockers.

The Harland-Sharps are available in adjustable or non-adjustable models - the non-adjustables is what made them popular - for a considerable amount less than the other brands, you get a simple set of rockers that are much easier to install. The downside of the n-a's is you shouldn't use them if you're ever going to switch to heads/cam because you can't adjust the lash to compensate for different pushrods or tuning. Durability has been questioned by some Crower owners but I've never heard of a set of HS's fail yet and they've now been around for over a year.

Crowers are being used in many motors, and offer lash adjustment for fine-tuning with various pushrod tolerances or swaps. Guideplates are required above 5500rpm which cost extra. These have been around longer so some people have 2-3 years and 50k+ miles of use on them.

HS cheapest place: [email protected]
Crower cheapest place: www.socaldakota.com

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may want to check out V8performance.com as well. I think they have Crowers cheaper than Sam, no offense.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
pbxr said:
You may want to check out V8performance.com as well. I think they have Crowers cheaper than Sam, no offense.
Unless Sam raced through and changed his prices between our posts, Sam's either equal to or $5 cheaper than Ryan. Both are good sites to purchase them from.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats good to know. I have dealt with Sam in the past, and he seems on top of his game. I am shopping for these right now, must need them to make truck go faster.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
harland sharp 1.7 non adjustables or crower stainless steel rail rocker?

which should I go with for durability and performance?

Also what kind of gains am I looking at by going with roller rockers, throttle body, and m1?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts