Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering what the 1/4 mile times are for the hemi durango. because i seen one today, for the first time, i think id like to what im going against before i woop some :spank:

·
Registered
243 Posts
New Ds

Me and a friend went to the Dodge dealer yesterday, he needs a baby mobile and is looking at a V6 Quadcab Dakota. Either way, I decide I would take a look at the new Ds and man they are uglier in person. I got a hood lifted up and the engine bay is cramed (the engine is half way under the dash). I also went looking around for a HEMI, didn't find one, but I did find out that their base model comes with a 3.7 V6, then upgrades to the 4.7 V8 and then final to the HEMI. I just don't see a V6 pushing that big truck around :confused: owell, can't help everyone. Also on another note, that same dealer is expecting 2 SRT-10s, I will be back to see one of those, maybe I can get some pictures :) .
Later and keep on truckin.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Can't find any real 1/4 times, but it goes 0-60 in 8.2 seconds.

Using an online "dyno" I inputed 6300lbs curb weight, and 300 WHP, and I came out with a 16.07 @ 84.8mph.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats not bad: but if that number holds up in the real world, i should be able to beat them. And that 0-60 time dosent sound that great, well ill find out one of these days!! :evil: thanks guys

·
Registered
46 Posts
durango

curb weight 4671 0-60 8.54 sec 1/4 mile 16.55 @ 83.13 source truckin magazine they picked durango 2004 suv of the year

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Re: durango

ten2herb said:
curb weight 4671 0-60 8.54 sec 1/4 mile 16.55 @ 83.13 source truckin magazine they picked durango 2004 suv of the year
According to the info you posted, my online dyno says that a vehicle weighing 4671lbs having a trap speed of 83.1mph would have 209 Wheel Horsepower. That seems pretty low to me.

Also I doubt the Durango weighs almost 400lbs less than a SRT-10 Ram, (Ram weighs 5050lbs)

I hate mag times, they're always so different. Guess we'll have to weight to actually go weigh their truck themselves and run them at the track.

·
eat cheese or die!
663 Posts
alright! i hope those times are close. i'll smoke those things.
my best time is a 15.498 @ 88.60 mph.

2001 dodge motorsports edition dak. black rc. 4.7 l. 5 spd. 3.92 lsd. hard cover with spoiler. k&n fipk.lakewood traction bars.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AAR Kota said:
i was just wondering what the 1/4 mile times are for the hemi durango. because i seen one today, for the first time, i think id like to what im going against before i woop some :spank:
It'll be a closer race than you think.

Car and Driver Feb. 2004 -
0-60 in 7.5 sec.
1/4 mile in 15.8 sec. @ 86 mph

Course if you come across mine in a month or so, Hang it up! The mods will have begun!

Take it easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts