Dakota Durango Forum banner

08’ 4.7 Headers

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Zaan 
#1 ·
Hey everyone…. Ive been searching for headers for my 08’ 4.7 and am finding that there are none…. That i can find anyway. Came across a set from OBX on Ebay. Anyone know of headers available for 08’ and up 4.7 ?

#3 ·
Your only real option would be to buy a set for an earlier year and have custom flanges made for the 2008 Heads... Then cut the early flanges off and weld the 08 flanges on...

I think the spacing is a bit wider on the 08+ heads, if thats true, getting a set of HEMI headers and welding those to the 08+ 4.7L flanges would be the way to go.

Either way, you would be looking at some custom flanges... Should not be to difficult, just find a company who has a water jet, send them a set of gaskets for the flange you want and then tell them how thick you want them... then pay the man and wait.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM PERFORMANCE

#5 ·
In 2008 the 4.7l heads were revamped. They completely re-did the combustion chamber including a strange as hell piston and they added a 2nd spark plug on the exhaust side. This changed the spacing on the exhaust manifolds and none of the 2007 or older manifolds or headers fit. In fact no aftermarket manifolds even exist. The only place I've ever found them was from the dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.