Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Dakota v-6 4x4. There is an intermittent vibration above 55 and it gets much worse when applying the brakes, the Steering wheel shakes badly. This vibration is intermittent and comes and goes at will. The dealer has turned all rotors and drums and balanced the tires but it is still there. I can not get it to do it when I take it in for service!!!!!??? Thanks, Ed

·
Registered
546 Posts
maybe a wheel bearing. Jack up each side and check for play in either front wheel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Dealer went over this truck twice, turned rotors and drums, rotated tires and spin balanced them, all bearings are good. This truck has only 11,000 miles on it and is still under warranty but they can not find the source of the vibration!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update

I took it in and they found too much play in the outer tie rod ends, this truck has only 12,000 miles on it so they replaced them under warranty. They also said my rotors were warped and couldn't be turned again so they would supply new rotors but I had to pay $106.43 labor to have them installed. I paid them $136.62 back in Oct. to turn rotors, drums and balance tires. Chrysler suposedly picked up HALF of that bill, I cant believe it would cost $273.24 to have this work done!!!!!!!!!! So far I am out $243.05---The next call WILL be to Chrysler!!!!!!!

·
Registered
546 Posts
from what I'm told the majority of rotor warping occurs when the vehicle is driven while the lug nuts arn't all torqued down evenly (or missing one).

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
from what I'm told the majority of rotor warping occurs when the vehicle is driven while the lug nuts arn't all torqued down evenly (or missing one).
While it is possible for the rotors to warp due to eneven tightening of the lug nuts it seems to apply more to vehicles that have a very thin center section(hat). Older Jeeps and Taurus's were 2 of the biggest offenders but design and mfg materials has greatly improved adn almost completely alleviated this problem. Now I'm not saying that if you run one lug nut down and completely tighten it with an impact that you won't warp something but if that were to actually happen then that person doesn't need to be attempting to work on vehicles. Take a 1" thick piece of metal and get it up to 500 degrees multiple times a day and sooner or later it is gonna warp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts