Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cody W
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking in car and driver I think it was and I saw that for 06 they are introducing the dakota R/T, dakota Niterider, and the new TRX offroad package, and one other I believe. Anyone have any info on any of these new models?

·
Cody W
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here is some info i found...

For 2006, Dodge adds four new iterations to the Dakota lineup. The TRX and TRX4 Off-Road packages are offered in ST, SLT, and Laramie trim in either Club Cab or Quad Cab configuration. The TRX gives the 2WD Dakota a pre-runner treatment, with 16-inch wheels, painted monotube shocks, tow hooks, aggressive off-road tires, and TRX stickers. The TRX4 is the real deal, building on these items by adding a 4WD transfer case, anti-slip differential, more aggressive axle ratio, skid plates, heavy-duty cooling system, and a 750-amp battery.

Available in either cab style, the new Night Runner edition is a black truck with a blacked-out grille, black-chrome 17-inch wheels, and abundant street attitude. Offered on SLT trim, the Night Runner features embroidered headrest logos and black dash center stack. The color and name remind of the unsuccessful Toyota Tacoma S-Runner from a few years ago, with the key difference being an available V-8. Big power is at the heart of the R/T, which fits a 260-horsepower V-8 to either cab style to create a potent street machine. The exterior is coated in bright red, yellow, or black paint and then distinguished with hood scoop, chrome exhaust tips, 17-inch chrome wheels, and decals. The interior is dressed with specific R/T gauge faces.

·
Back in black
2,929 Posts
i just seen this thread, and i have an 02 RT so i thought itd be pretty sweet to see the RT being brought back and at 1st i didnt think it was true so i looked it up and i was kinda disappointed if this is what it really looks like...i just really dont like it...just my 2cents tho heres a link for any1 who wants to check it out: http://www.440magnum-network.com/info/trucks/dakotart/2006dodgedakotart.shtml

·
Now Nitrous Injected!!!
704 Posts
I saw a night rider on a show or something. It looked good. I wanna see the new r/t may wanna get me one. I will never be able to though sigh........Wait I have a bad ass truck. :mullet:

·
Cody W
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
why did they put the hemi in the new durango and not in the new dakota? Atleast then it may look like hell in the front, but it would have a hemi in it?!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks for the help Yeller. :biggthump

Here's a lil more...

Dodge Dakota Trx/Trx4 Off-Road
The new Dodge Dakota TRX (4x2) and TRX4 Off-Road (4x4) models further advance Dodge Dakota's off-road capability. Offered in ST, SLT and Laramie trim, Club Cab or Quad Cab body styles, the Dodge Dakota TRX and TRX4 Off-Road model feature all-new unique 16-inch aluminum wheels, painted monotube shocks, tow hooks, aggressive off-road tires and cargo box decals. The Dodge Dakota TRX4 Off-Road is equipped with additional features such as a four-wheel-drive transfer case, a one-inch increased ride height, anti-spin differential, axle ratio upgrade, skid plates, heavy-duty cooling system and a 750-amp battery.

Dodge Dakota R/T
With the 260-horsepower 4.7-liter High Output V-8 as standard equipment, the new 2006 Dodge Dakota R/T further amplifies the High Output V-8's prodigious power and performance. The Dodge Dakota R/T model is available in Club Cab or Quad Cab body styles and features a unique sport appearance package in Inferno Red, Brilliant Black or Solar Yellow that includes a hood scoop, chrome exhaust tips, R/T cluster, headrest badging, cargo box decal and 17-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels.

Dodge Dakota Night Runner
The all-new 2006 Dodge Dakota Night Runner stands out with an intimidating blacked-out color theme. Offered in black, with a unique black chrome grille, Black 17-inch chrome wheels, embroidered "Night Runner" badges on the headrests and a black center stack, the Dodge Dakota Night Runner is available on the SLT trim in Club or Quad Cab body styles.

·
Cody W
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see in the distant future, i believe 2009, that an SRT8 Dakota is in the works, hmmmm, 425 horses sounds good, I hope the have tweeked the front end by then

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.