Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Dakota i love this truck having the 6 Speed manual and the V8 id love to do a hemi swap but before i do i really want to upgrade my brakes at all four corners better calipers up front and bigger rotors and disk brakes in the read and if there is a way to add abs to my truck if it has not had it in the past i want it safe and fun to drive it is my daily and it will be my daily for as long as i can. so does anyone know of brakes that will bolt on or if needed ill get a new steering knuckle and make that fit up front and a rear axle with disks already on there.

·
I hate you people.
2,830 Posts
Your best bet right now is to swap to a different pad/rotor setup. My personal experience has been with EBC's slotted and dimpled rotors and their Green Stuff pads. I loved how much better those brakes were compared to the regular factory spec smooth rotors. I had better initial bite yet I could modulate better than with the factory spec pads and rotors.
There really isn't a whole lot of aftermarket options for these trucks now but you could look up Baer Brakes, Wilwood, or Brembo to see what they offer in terms of bolt on kits.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts