Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a K @ N air charger system on a 03 to 06 4.7 .
The performance is great but there is a high pitched noise. The noise is not from the K @ N system though.. because I disconnected the system and ran it bere from the throtle body and the high pitched noise was still there.. do you think this motor is designed to run with all the stock air restictions, or do I have another prob.... thanks for any help. the noise is only when i am in gear and at very low acceleration and rpm

· Registered
285 Posts
Dodge88 said:
Has anyone installed a K @ N air charger system on a 03 to 06 4.7 .
The performance is great but there is a high pitched noise. The noise is not from the K @ N system though.. because I disconnected the system and ran it bere from the throtle body and the high pitched noise was still there.. do you think this motor is designed to run with all the stock air restictions, or do I have another prob.... thanks for any help. the noise is only when i am in gear and at very low acceleration and rpm
Well the restriction tubing and and air box is there to reduce noise...so that maybe it. How loud is this high pitched noise? Usually it's a whooshing, sucking sound. As long as you've installed everything correctly, you shouldn't have a problem, the noise is probably from the more air flow.

What year is your truck? Alot of these intakes are year specific...meaning a 03 4.7 intake wouldn't really work on a 05.....even if the site/place you bought it from said it does.

Tell me the year of your Durango and the model # of the intake you have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.