Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyo.
I have a 05 dakota 4.7 with 150k miles. I bought it used about a year ago. It came with 1 key that has a fob on it. The buttons never worked. I got 2 replacements and theyre not programmed.
The trucks battery was junk and had corroded connectors. I replaced the battery and connector and now the bloody thing is cursed. The security light along with headlights and rear lights flash anytime i open a door or start the bloody thing. It still runs ive driven it about 100 miles this way but jesus christ I'm scared I'm going to get pulled over because my ladies truck is acting like marty wolf's car on big fat liar. I Do not know how I would explain to a cop that I've not stolen this truck. Its just that my lady has a truck that's possessed and REALLY wants to be recognized.
Anything would be appreciated!

·
Registered
9 Posts
My suggestion is to do a hard reset of the computer by disconnecting both battery cables, then tie or clamp them together, turn on the headlights and turn on the ignition switch let it over night and then reconnect the battery. This will reset the ECM to how it was when it left the factory. The only cost is your time with nothing to lose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts