Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, This question has probably been posted before but I thought I would ask anyway. I am looking to install an overhead console/trip computer in my 04 QC and I went by the local Dodge dealer parts dept. looking for info. of what years and models will interchange with my truck. I was told that I could only use an 04 console for an 04 truck even though the wiring harness for the console is interchangeable from 02-04, is this true or is my local dealer just trying to get a sale for a console? Is it just the housing that is year specific or is the module and the other parts year specific? I appreciate any help I can get since I would rather get a 02,03 salvage yard console and harness for $20 as apposed to an ebay special for $379...Thanks Again....LGKUDA

·
Stock Lookin'
3,040 Posts
01-04 Dak & 01-03 Dur will fit. There is a guy on here that made my harness. zclif2601 check him out. Also, there is many threads on here how to install. A good one will be this one I'm going to link to below. Tons of good information and do not hesitate to ask questions.

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100025

I just ordered myself a 03' Durango's overhead. So you can get either a Dak or Dur's overhead.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply and firm info., I saw an 01 Dak console today so I'm going back tomorrow and pull it out. Thanks again....LGKuda

1 - 4 of 4 Posts