Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now i have a 95 dakota but i am looking at purchasing a 2004 quad cab with the 4.7. i want to install a cold air intake and am partial to injen as my step dad has one and loves it on his titan. however, injen says the truck cannot have cruise control for some reason. why is this? does it really matter when installing or using the intake?

·
I hate you people.
2,787 Posts
Deerrrrrr....
Injen is blowing smoke out their ass. I don't see how a CAI would interfere with the cruise control unless it was already experiencing issues.
I'd say go to someone else. I bought a K&N FIPK for my 03 QC a few weeks back and have loved it ever since.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Idunno

With my 04 Quad CAb the CC cable had to be relocated for it to go in, same for my volant. But they both worked.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
The above is correct. On later models, there cruise control component that is in the way and K&N had to make a minor change for it

·
Professional Slacker
559 Posts
I took 15 mins to move my TCM and Cruise Control thing to the back of my engine bay when I made my CAI I haven't had any problems with CC either.

·
Let it SNOW!
4,152 Posts
i bought a k&n fipkII for my truck and i didn't have to move shit to make it work, and it all still works. and i do have the 4.7.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts