Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'll be putting an exhaust system on my Dak over the winter. I'd like to install a bolt-on cat-back system. Would like increased rumble without making it obnoxious.

I see several kits available from the usual suspects. What would you recommend? I really don't have a clue when it comes to all the different choices.

My truck is an '03 4.7 Club cab 4x4. I know some of the systems out there have issues clearing the rear suspension and spare tire. I'd prefer to not modify either of those.

·
Registered
2003 Dakota Sport
12 Posts
In my experience, a good exhaust shop can fabricate whatever you want for less than the cost of a premade kit. Just a thought.

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're no doubt right. Kind of like doing it myself. After doing a bunch of reading, I'm focusing now on what muffler to use. I found a lot of discussion about how certain muffler sound crappy. I'm hoping someone will have some feedback on what sounds good, deep and throaty without being obnoxiously loud, for the 4.7. Really hard to know from the manufacturers sites.

·
Registered
2003 Dakota Sport
12 Posts
Have you looked up YouTube videos? There are usually a few videos that demonstrate the different muffler sounds on various engines. I bet there are a few 4.7 vehicles on there if you dig for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts