Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I'm Retired!
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize its not a Dakota. But me and my buddy are absolutely baffled. So maybe since I'm a fellow R/T owner and post regularly, some of the brains of this site can help us out. It's a modular engine and doesn't have rockers. So this is out of my territory. We're still waiting on a reply from the Mustang board too. But I figured I'd try you guys since you've helped me out in the past. Maybe some of you guys have experience with these kinds of engines. All the hometown mechanics won't touch it because apparently none of them know these engines. Here's the problem:

I first noticed my problems right after I changed my spark plugs. The car ran great for about a 2 weeks, then It wouldnt idle vary well and there was a loud ticking sound. I finally figured out there was a plug loose. After I tightened it up the car ran great! Then two weeks later the same exact problem happend. I pulled out the plug and noticed it had oil all over it. I pulled out another plug on the same bank and it had oil on it as well. After I cleaned the plugs off I reinstalled them. I then noticed my coolant resevoir was EMPTY! I filled it up and the car drove well, but there was a power loss still. After 5 days I check the coolant level.... The coolant was gone! I topped off the resevoir again and carefully watched it to see when it was going down. This was almost two weeks ago and I am no longer loosing coolant, but I still have a power loss. This tick pops up randomly every now and then, but for the most part when the engine is fully warmed up. I've sent an oil analyis off to see if I'm losing coolant in the oil. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.