Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've been screwing with this researching pages of similiar, but not exact symptoms

Last sat I jumped in my 02 durango rt and it had a cel and ran like ass, so I ran the code and its 0748( dealing with governor pressure solenoid) ok easy enough. So I ordered the kit from amazon with transducer and filter
Installed these and not I still have the code but not at least has 2nd 3rd and OD.
IT will have 1st gear if you manually put it in but oddly enough It wont unless you drive it for a little. ( wtf)
Now I also have a unhooked abs sensor because I lost a hub bearing and had to install s cheaper one (without the sensor)

·
I hate you people.
2,787 Posts
It is possible for the ABS to cause the transmission controller to keep the trans in limp mode but I don't think that was programmed for these trucks.
Did you adjust the bands after replacing the transducer and filter? The 46RE requires that any time the filter is changed along with the fluid, both front and rear bands need to be adjusted for the proper tightness.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not adjust them. Hmmmm. Wish I'd know that while I aaa in there. The whole code 0748 still popping up has me wondering if the bands are the culprit. But I'll look into doing them anyways

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok so I've been screwing with this researching pages of similiar, but not exact symptoms

Last sat I jumped in my 02 durango rt and it had a cel and ran like ass, so I ran the code and its 0748( dealing with governor pressure solenoid) ok easy enough. So I ordered the kit from amazon with transducer and filter
Installed these and not I still have the code but not at least has 2nd 3rd and OD.
IT will have 1st gear if you manually put it in but oddly enough It wont unless you drive it for a little. ( wtf)
Now I also have a unhooked abs sensor because I lost a hub bearing and had to install s cheaper one (without the sensor)
I'm not a trans. man but worked for Dodge over 30 years as a chassis tech. If your truck has 3.9 or a 5.9
engine, the ABS system is not a related issue. However if you have done all the maintenance on the trans.
and you have a 4.7, the transmission is a 45rfe, which a computer controlled transmission. The engine
controller also operates the transmission. If you have a 4.7 engine the transmission gets It's vehicle speed
reading off of the right front wheel speed sensor. A failing bearing can cause intermittent trans. problems
and replacing with out the correct bearing with tone ring causes complete failure.
Information is right out of 2002 Dodge shop service manual. I have an 02 Dodge and when they stupid
and stopped printing paper books, I took all 2002 Dakota manuals home instead of trashing them.
The information for 2002 Durango is the same ABS and drive train are identical.
Good Luck, daddyododge

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At this point. I have replaced the gov sol and transducer, filter and fluid. Also adjusted the frt band although the info varies from person to person.
It still wont start out in 1st gear. It will go in 1st if done manually. So I have the frt hub with abs sensor otw to try that.
The p.o. had the pcm rebuilt and I have no idea if it failed or why it was rebuilt in the 1st place, so that's my next step. (Getting that checked out)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts