Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the board here. Just wondering if anyone with a '02 Durango SLT 4.7L motor has the gear slipping from "D" to 2? My Durango only has just over 15K miles. Twice in the freeway, I noticed my engine and/or tranny laboring unusually for the speed I was driving. When I looked down at my cluster gauge, the gear was at 2.

Also, in several occasions, I've noticed my tranny laboring when at gear "D" firast thing when I drive off in the morning to go to work. I would need to rev the motor in Neutral to get the tranny to engage in the correct gear.

Lastly, I brought my Durango to the dealer and explained what was happening to my tranny and they checked it out and said that they did not see anything wrong. Since my Durango is still under warranty, can anyone tell me if I can take it to another dealership and get a 2nd opinion rather than the dealership I bought my truck from?

Thanks

Joshua

·
Registered
209 Posts
You can absolutely bring your Durango to another dealer. As long as it's under the warranty they would still take a look at it.

I have the same drivetrain and haven't had a problem, even with towing a camper. Just a couple notes though, I've knocked the shifter into 2nd by accident changing the radio station. Have a habbit of resting my arm on it while channel surfing, think you might have fallen victim to that? Also first thing in the morning, is it right when you first take off? Are you sure it's not the engine? I know for the first 1/4 mile or so, mine roars when it's cold, then it settles down. Just a thought. Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts