Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
02 Dodge Durango SLT 4X4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So I just lifted my 02 Durango using the factory torsion keys and universal leaf spring drop brackets, the front tires on it are sitting cambered out. I need to know if there is some special upper control arms I need to get to be able to get rid of the camber? Can anyone help? Never had to deal with torsion bar suspension lifts. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
first of all, it's a Durango the most you would need to lift it is maybe 2in. juts for offroading. so why did you lift it in the first place

·
Registered
02 4.7l Dakota
271 Posts
first of all, it's a Durango the most you would need to lift it is maybe 2in. juts for offroading. so why did you lift it in the first place
This post seems to contradict itself s little, but whatever the case it’s not helpful.

To the OP, what does cambered out mean? Never heard that term before.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not sure if the Durango is the same as the Dakota, but on my truck when I cranked the torsion bars, I did get an alignment but it wasn't out by much. There isn't any different control arms as far as I'm aware.

·
Registered
02 4.7l Dakota
271 Posts
Not sure if the Durango is the same as the Dakota, but on my truck when I cranked the torsion bars, I did get an alignment but it wasn't out by much. There isn't any different control arms as far as I'm aware.
Yes, after adjusting the torsion bars it should always get an alignment. Somewhere on this site there was a really good write up on it but I can't find it anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts