Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I rage, therefore I am.
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched a bit but didn't see this specifically, so here's my question.

To anyone who has changed their own tranny filter. How many are in the pan?

I'm seeing two different filters recommended for this thing. One looks like a normal tranny filter and the other looks like a spin-on oil filter. I don't see the spin-on outside the tranny, so if it's there it must also be in the pan.

Any thoughts?

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
The other filter is in the pan, and looks just like a regular round oil filter. It's a filter to or from the tranny cooler. The 45RFE is the only one with two filters.

·
I rage, therefore I am.
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure enough. Two filters. Flushed the tranny today. Not too bad a job. A bit on the messy side, but now I've got new Amsoil ATF and fresh filters. I did notice that the seal for the regular pan pickup filter is a PITA to remove and then reseat the new one. Should be good for a good long while.

·
Registered
31 Posts
How did you flush, and with what Trans Tune?

2Evil4U said:
Sure enough. Two filters. Flushed the tranny today. Not too bad a job. A bit on the messy side, but now I've got new Amsoil ATF and fresh filters. I did notice that the seal for the regular pan pickup filter is a PITA to remove and then reseat the new one. Should be good for a good long while.
I am going for my second Trans oil change next month, and wanted to make a really nice flush in it.

How did you flush, and with what... SEAFOAM Trans Tune?

What flushing procedure do you recommend? Did you use SEAFOAM Trans Tune? I've had some curiosity about it. I have used it on Manual transmissions, and differentials but never in automatic ones.

Its really tempting!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts