Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I just picked up a work truck today. It's a 2002 Dodge Dakota SLT, as the title says.

The truck has zero leaks, not sure how? By the grace of God maybe. I say that because it's got 250k miles on it. I literally ticked the 250k mile on the ride home.

It doesn't wobble, it doesn't spurt puffs of white smoke, it doesn't make crazy noises or rattle your teeth to the bones. I got it for a steal also...

My question here is, what should I be on the look out for? I have a 1976 ford f350 duelly, which is vastly different this Belle, she's the blue beauty to my green beast.

Is there anything in your opinion I should look into changing soon/immedietly?

It apparently has a synchro issue shifting into second, but shifting slowly seems to negate the issue in its entirety...

There is an exhaust leak in the passengers side gasket, which I'm going to replace tomorrow!

Anywho, aside from the potentially necessary updates I should do according to you fine specimens. What would you recommend I get to upgrade the vehicle?

Should I try and add more Hp and torque via programmer? Headers? Cams?

Should I upgrade the suspension?

When looking into updating/upgrading my beast(the 350) it seemed pretty straight forward. But now Belle has computers and all that jazz, so it's a different ball game, at least to me.

Thank you so much for your time, I look forward to some responses.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
For upgrading it’s really up to you if it’s worth it, unfortunately the aftermarket for these isn’t great. For cams your best option would be the HO cams, but they are getting hard to find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts