Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Texas Knock Out
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any suspension lifts for the 02 Dakota. I can custom build my own but I really dont feel lift taking the time to do that. I need somehting simple and easy and will look good.

·
Registered
522 Posts
ive only seen suspension leveling kits but there like 1500$ or so and u get the same pretty much from crank'n the torsion bars. most guys with our year are just doing body lifts / TB crank/ blocks.

·
The Asian Persuasion
2,644 Posts
:search:

Depends on what you're wanting a lift for i.e. trails, rock crawling, little bit of mudding and playing around, just looks, etc.....

Give us a little more info of what you're planning on doing with it, then we'll be able to assist you better. :D

·
The Asian Persuasion
2,644 Posts
well looks, off roading, and to put a little bit bigger tires underneath
The truck in my sig had a 3" BL, torsion bars cranked, and 33x12.5 Super Swampers on them, that's it. I had to trim some, but nothing extreme. I did only mild mudding and a few mild trails and it had no problems whatsoever. It was basically for looks as it was my DD. Is that what you're looking for?

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
I don't think there is anything available anymore. Rancho made the 3" lift for 00-02 trucks, but it's discontinued.

If there is anything out there, it's made by Truckin'/AIM. I'd stay far away.

·
Texas Knock Out
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The truck in my sig had a 3" BL, torsion bars cranked, and 33x12.5 Super Swampers on them, that's it. I had to trim some, but nothing extreme. I did only mild mudding and a few mild trails and it had no problems whatsoever. It was basically for looks as it was my DD. Is that what you're looking for?
the look you have on your truck looks good. my truck is stock and already looks like it already has a BL on it. So hey if i can put one on then shoot i am going for that. i am a tall guy so i want to be able to have to pull myself up in there. Also I want it higher so no fat chicks can get in there. LOL.

·
The Asian Persuasion
2,644 Posts
the look you have on your truck looks good. my truck is stock and already looks like it already has a BL on it. So hey if i can put one on then shoot i am going for that. i am a tall guy so i want to be able to have to pull myself up in there. Also I want it higher so no fat chicks can get in there. LOL.
That's how mine was too before the body lift. Mine sat higher stock than a lot of QC Dakotas around here. Start with that and if you want more, sell the BL and get something else.

·
Texas Knock Out
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's how mine was too before the body lift. Mine sat higher stock than a lot of QC Dakotas around here. Start with that and if you want more, sell the BL and get something else.
well i am palnning on a custom lift. something that will require some cutting its a project that i thought of so hopefully it will work and i dont mess anything up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have an 02 QC 4x4 that I purchased a few months back. I wanted to to the torsion bars and blocks, but when I got under the truck they were already cranked all the way. The front sits alot lower than the back. I'm just wondering what I need to do to get the front level with the back.

I had an 03 that I cranked and it sat a good 1.5-2" higher than this sits right now.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
New bars or keys.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Like most of these guys said you can do a body lift crank your bars and get some blocks. I have 3 inch body lift 1.5 crank and 2.5 inch lift blocks. Im currently running 265/75/R16 mud kings on 16x8 cragar soft 8's. Once i wear them out i will be getting 33's. I do some intermediate trails with this truck and the body lift has held up extremely well. Im running rancho rs5000 extended shocks for the back and KYB monomax stock length shocks in the front. Truck surprises a lot of the local jeepers with how well it can do.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Like most of these guys said you can do a body lift crank your bars and get some blocks. I have 3 inch body lift 1.5 crank and 2.5 inch lift blocks. Im currently running 265/75/R16 mud kings on 16x8 cragar soft 8's. Once i wear them out i will be getting 33's. I do some intermediate trails with this truck and the body lift has held up extremely well. Im running rancho rs5000 extended shocks for the back and KYB monomax stock length shocks in the front. Truck surprises a lot of the local jeepers with how well it can do.
How do the monomax shocks run on the road?

·
Registered
115 Posts
With the torsion crank and the kyb's my experience has been positive truck rides really well up front. Keep in mind it will ride a little rougher since these are offroad tuned shocks but i def. enjoy the ride. Not as harsh as some people think.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So basically an 00-02 is the best to "lift" I've been looking at 03's. I just want to go have fun on some medium trails. No rock crawling or mudding. Can you tell me if they sell the blocks for the 03's? I know for sure I want the torsion bar lift. This is the best thread for what I've been looking for.

Any links?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts