Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I have the 01 Dakota QC sport, 4.7l, 2wd with limited slip. My friend has the 02 Av 4x4 5.3l. He outweighs me by 1500lbs. We are both stock, except he has a drop in K&N. He has a g-tech run of 15.8. Who should win? Also what is the stock 1/4 mile time for an '01 QC Sport?
This race will happen March 12th or 13th, so are there any quick cheap mods to do before then?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are the g-tech times accurate? get a drop in K&N too! or get a cold air, see if he'll let you borrow his g-tech and see what you run. i believe that QCs run some where in the 16.'s in a real quater mile.:evil:

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
AAR Kota said:
are the g-tech times accurate? get a drop in K&N too! or get a cold air, see if he'll let you borrow his g-tech and see what you run. i believe that QCs run some where in the 16.'s in a real quater mile.:evil:
This guy has it right... QC's aren't as fast as you think they are.

Ok for a cheap and easy mod. Do this

-To the left of your radiator, there should be a rubber flap. Take this off, it is held on by round plastic pins(so to speak).

-Then remove the plastic tubing going from the "air box" to the fender, this will act as a "ram air" (so to speak), and will give you an extra lil jump in the higher speads.

I'd say you should be able to take him.... it's a good lil race tho!

Just be sure to hold the break... raise rpms' to about 1900, and once it's go time... let off that brake, and stomp that gas. If you feel wheel spin... let off a lil.

Paul

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to g-tech first, but I already told him I would sit with him heads up. This is his tow vehicle for his '87 GN. The g-tech has been proven on the track to within .01 ET and 5mph. This is just a friendly race, maybe for a round at the bar later that night

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well we ended up nit racing each other but I did get to G-tech the truck and it ran a 15.98 @ 83.3mph off about a 1500rpm stall. I ran it again with no stall and it ran a 16.02 @ 84.1. Both times I had a lot of tire spin. It could be that it was only 35* outside and the road was very cold so I couldn't get any traction. Oh well, now I can start adding some bolt-ons and see what I can attain.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I raced a 2002 avalanche with its 5.3 vs my durango and a 5.2 with k&n air filter. Beat it horribly. Thought he was just toying with me. But his passangers even said that he was flooring it. So i was quite pleased with my baby.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think I 5.2 should have a problem with it but the 4.7 needs a little more even if it is 1500lbs less.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts