Dakota Durango Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Dakota Sport 4.7L V8
130 Posts
Here you go! I can’t send the link as it’s in my eBay app and I don’t have your email to forward it to you. There’s a ton of em available.

·
Registered
2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7L V8 Magnum Project Truck
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks, I found the one you got! Unfortunately that won't fit my truck though, there's a slight but major at the same time difference between the 02 and 03 it seems. Revised my search and looked at the throttle body some more, and this is the only one I can find that can fit: Taylor Cable 47005 Helix Power Tower Throttle Body Spacer for Dodge Durango 4.7L | eBay But for $118, no way haha! I also found out that the coupler I need for the cold air is $20 :rolleyes: I'll buy the chip and leave it at that for the moment I guess. Thanks a lot for answering all my questions though, much appreciated!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Anytime sir! Imma do my front grill similar to yours and except imma use stainless steel as covers and powder coat em black. I saw it on YouTube and it looks deadly when it done. Keep on building!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm dying to get mine done, got all the hardware ready and everything, just so bummed I goofed and the mesh won't be here till January or December 😂 I'm not sure what you mean about the stainless steel covers though. Are you talking about hardware? I got a couple hundred each of bolts, nuts, and washers which will look like rivets on the outside and hold the mesh in on the inside at the same time. Once the mesh comes I'll start laying things out and decide how far apart I want them, somewhere in between 1 and 2 inches I'm thinking.

Decided to be resourceful and stretch the rubber hose around the cold air off the 1500 since it's just a 1/4" difference or something, and it worked! Now I just gotta figure out what to do with some little hose that goes who knows where that was hooked up to the filter chamber.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Oh I see, I'm actually aiming for something more along the lines of this though. Used a hacksaw to cut out the cross and inner lip. Watched the vid though, that should look great on your truck! Good luck!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah that’s sharp as well. I may go that route as well if I can find the material pattern I want.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Got the cold air on it tonight! Also got most the bolts off the water pump, last 2 are behind a wheel for the belt which is stuck with rust so more penetrating oil. Pics tomorrow when I (hopefully) get the water pump off! Also ordered a tuner chip for half price, black Friday deals are awesome! 😂

·
Registered
44 Posts
I literally just ditched my throttle body spacer a couple weeks ago. I had installed it 10 years ago and really didn’t notice any gain or advantage in any way shape or form. The only thing this thing did for me besides lightning my wallet by $180, is loudly whistle and hiss, and you just hear a constant whooshing of air under any load, like the sound of putting your hand on the end of a vacuum hose. I just got tired of the sound and figured I could do without it, so I deleted it when I cleaned my throttle body recently. Man was I glad I did. It’s so much quieter and less stressful now, and I can sell it to the next unsuspecting guy. And I swear I get better gas mileage and more pickup without it.

Here is the air raid throttle body spacer which just finished 10 years’ service on my truck’s engine, doing absolutely frig-all but make its best impression of a major vacuum leak. I was just too lazy to remove it all these years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
That sucks! I’ve noticed a small difference in power and definitely a huge difference in fuel economy! I don’t care though I have lotsa $ and I only drive it two weeks a month! Once I get the dual exhaust in I’ll get it dyno’d and then I’ll know for sure if it’s working or if it’s the chip.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That sucks! I’ve noticed a small difference in power and definitely a huge difference in fuel economy! I don’t care though I have lotsa $ and I only drive it two weeks a month! Once I get the dual exhaust in I’ll get it dyno’d and then I’ll know for sure if it’s working or if it’s the chip.
I’m sitting at $200 a week for fuel just with daily commuting. This truck is a hog with or without the 1/2” of aluminum

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah mines the same way. It’s worth it though as I wouldn’t be caught dead driving an Asian truck or a ranger! Ha!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
That's too bad it didn't work out for you! Out of curiosity, did it sound kinda like a jet with the spacer on? Few years ago (before I knew anything about trucks really) my dad looked at a 3rd gen Dakota that sounded like a jet, always wondered what it was lol!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not at all like a jet. The noise wasn’t consistent. It was like the sound of partially blocking a vacuum hose with your hand. Or like letting air out of a shader valve randomly during acceleration. Without the spacer the intake with the CAI makes the same whooshing sound too, only the spacer seems to make it louder and more pronounced. A few people riding in my truck remarked I have a vacuum leak and I’m like no that’s the spacer Making that noise.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I installed the CAI and the air raid spacer at the same time. I made a before and after video. You can clearly hear the hand-over-vacuum hose sound on the after vid

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
241 Posts
Pretty well established that throttle body spacers do nothing on the 4.7L engines.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ah well! For 60$ it looks cool and I’ll let the dyno machine tell me I’m an idiot! Ha! Nice truck though

·
Registered
130 Posts
Oh and I love the grandpa sandals!! Super sexy bro! Hahahaha! I miss my gen 3 as it was on the right path before they decided to discontinue it!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts