Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have a totally stock 2001 Durango SLT, 4.7L I was wondering , what would I have to do to get 300 hp? I know stock is 234, right? Or what would I have to do to get a more realistic figure if 300 is out of the question? Thanks (I know the HO cams , HO intake, and a better air filter system is a given)

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
Cold air intake
True dual or big single exhaust
Bigger throttle body
Remove clutch fan
Big electric fan
Headers
206, 212, or 218 cams
Performance tuning for your PCM
Then a Paxton supercharger

and last but definitely not least, gears! It may not directly give you more HP, but it'll optimize your RPM's and adjust to their their optimal range for making it quicker. After that, you should be easily pushing 300rwhp.....at least I would really hope.

Right now I've only done the first 5, and it's definitely a lot quicker than it was stock. My next two performance mods would be after the first 5 I've already done, and then 4.56 gears. After you do some things on that list first, then I'd look into a forced induction system.

·
Registered
67 Posts
the paxton is said to put 305 to the wheels on a mustang dyno and 351 tq! they only rate about 280 somthing to the wheels but it puts alot more from the dynos i seen on a stock truck with nothing ! youll be good for about a 13 somthing ! low low 13

·
Registered
7 Posts
300hp 4.7

I just finished doing what I could to my '05 dakota 4.7, short of supercharging it. This is all manufactures hp and torque estimations at the crank gains as I have not had it on a dyno, but here is how I got close to 300.

Stock: 230 hp & 295 lbs torque.

Mods: F&B 70mm Throttle body: +14hp & 11lbs

Magnaflow dual exhaust: +23hp & 13lbs

K&N intake: +9hp & 11lbs

Superchips cortex ecu programmer: + 18hp & 20lbs

So for under $1,600 the estimated gains are: + 64hp & 55lbs of torque = 294hp & 350lbs torque.

·
Registered
430 Posts
i just finished doing what i could to my '05 dakota 4.7, short of supercharging it. This is all manufactures hp and torque estimations at the crank gains as i have not had it on a dyno, but here is how i got close to 300.

Stock: 230 hp & 295 lbs torque.

Mods: F&b 70mm throttle body: +14hp & 11lbs

magnaflow dual exhaust: +23hp & 13lbs

k&n intake: +9hp & 11lbs

superchips cortex ecu programmer: + 18hp & 20lbs

so for under $1,600 the estimated gains are: + 64hp & 55lbs of torque = 294hp & 350lbs torque.
lmfao. Your retarded.

·
Registered
7 Posts
lmfao. Your retarded.
Care to add any useful context? If you could read, I stated as per manufactures estimates. And not at the wheels hp.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Care to add any useful context? If you could read, I stated as per manufactures estimates. And not at the wheels hp.
I'd love to see a dyno sheet with your current setup. :waiting:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Me too, curious to see what all this stuff translates to at the wheels. Not many performance shops in northern ontario though. But I will start looking for one, what does your 4.7 put down?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Sell it and buy a RAM 2500 Cummins. You will be out not much more than the supercharger/durango combination. Then you can make some power.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Me too, curious to see what all this stuff translates to at the wheels. Not many performance shops in northern ontario though. But I will start looking for one, what does your 4.7 put down?
Well I'm not entirely sure on HP but my trucks best time in the quarter mile has been 15.304 @ 87.25 MPH with an open rear end and 3.55 gears. Not sure if that helps to figure out any kind of idea on HP/TQ. My truck has all the mods in my signature without the new LSD and gears yet.

·
Registered
57 Posts
my old 01 4.7 made 181hp to the tire with larger tb, efan, superchips and exhaust. pretty weak. ive got a HO motor swap now with 240-60 to the tire.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts