Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here. I've noticed a whining noise coming from my D up left when I'm parking it at home. I've got two entrances into my apartment parking area, and normally I take the 2nd entrance to hang a quick right into my parking stall, all the while being careful not to scrape my driver side tires on the curb. Since last week, I've began taking the 1st entrance and making a sharp, and calculated U-turn left into my stall. (This way I don't have to worry about scraping my tires). That's when I first noticed the sound eminating from the, seems to be left side of the engine compartment.

Now after experimenting I see that there are no odd noises during the actual TURNING the steering wheel. The noises being after the wheel is already turned at least 1/2 to the left and then moving forward slowly. Doesn't do it when I turn right, though. I pull rights into store parking lots all the time, and also at red light right turns. Maybe the sound is present when hanging lefts at a street signal too, but it's probably shrouded by the deafening exhaust. Anyways...can anyone help guide me to the source of this maybe potentially harmful problem? Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts