Dakota Durango Forum banner

01' Durango 4.7 Coolant Flush

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  lssparky61 
#1 ·
Ok, got the Coolant Flush done at my local mechanic using my provided Zerex G05...I have a 180 degree T-Stat that usually reads right in middle between 130 and 210 (so, 180), but it now seems to run cold at around 165 or so (one full needle past 130).
What could cause this issue ?, maybe T-Stat is stuck open. Going to visit the mechanic again next week to see what what happens.

Thanx for any info,
Joe

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Maybe it's something as simple as your system is running more efficiently after the flush?
It appears as if the OEM 'stat was 195 degrees, so maybe Mopar did that for a reason.

Looking on the positive side, if it were me, I'd rather it was running cool after the flush than hot, but maybe go ahead & put the OEM 'stat in it & see what happens. Every 5 years I do a flush & change the 'sat, rad cap. & s-belt on general principle.
Yes, and thinking the same in that the system is running more efficient.
I did replace the original factory 195 T-Stat with a 180 many years ago w/o issues, thou I may consider replacing back to 195 (along with OEM Rad Cap) to see if it makes any difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.