Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01 dodge dakota 4.7L 4x4 and last night i was driving down the express way doing 70 when all of a sudden my truck started to die out, as i got over to the shoulder and slowed down my truck died. I tried starting it back up and when I did it would crank but not turn over and when it was cracking it would slow down and the lights would dim. Checked for codes and it pulled the p1682 charging system low voltage, I thought it was the altenator so i pulled it off and took it to get tested and it passed the test. Anyone have any suggestions or have had this issue before? any input would help. Thanks

Chuck

G

·
I have a 01 dodge dakota 4.7L 4x4 and last night i was driving down the express way doing 70 when all of a sudden my truck started to die out, as i got over to the shoulder and slowed down my truck died. I tried starting it back up and when I did it would crank but not turn over and when it was cracking it would slow down and the lights would dim. Checked for codes and it pulled the p1682 charging system low voltage, I thought it was the altenator so i pulled it off and took it to get tested and it passed the test. Anyone have any suggestions or have had this issue before? any input would help. Thanks

Chuck
Sounds like you have a battery problem. Have it load tested before you replace it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.