Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Dakota 3.9L and I can't keep the battery charged. I had the altenator checked and it is good. I put a new bettery in it 1 month ago. Yesterday, I jumped the truck and went to my son's Tee ball game which is about 20 minutes of city driving.About an hour later when I left the game, I had to jump it again. When I got home, I killed it and started it 3 times, let it sit for an hour and started it again. This morning I went to start it and it was dead. I am thinking of driving the truck for a while tonight and disconnecting the battery and then trying again in the morning. Any ideas?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it might be your battery, wont hold a charge any more, i would check the fluid level in, see if its ok, and if it is, you should have it checked at an auto parts store.

·
Registered
51 Posts
sounds like the alternator isnt charging the battery. also check the wiring going into the alternator to see if any has come loose. let us know what happens.

shadow

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
swing by a parts store and have them check your battery. If it's bad have them throw you in another. don't go by the green dot. mine was dead with a green dot.....good luck

·
Registered
50 Posts
Basic Trouble Shooting Steps

You Need To Check Your Grounds, So Pull Out The Voltmeter Buddy, Cus It Sounds To Me That You Got A Short Somewhere, And Whenever You Shut It Off It Just Drains The Battery Right? Then Something Is Deff Shorted To Ground Somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts