'04 soaked carpet - Dakota Durango Forum
General Automotive Discussion Miscellaneous chatter about Dodge Trucks

post #1 of 8 Old 02-16-2019, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Philbio75

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

'04 soaked carpet

I have an 04 quad cab. I found my carpet soaked on the passenger side front and rear. Peeled it up to let a fan blow under it and found the foam backing was completed saturated. I have completely taken out the carpet and now need to find where the water is coming from. We have been having alot of rain lately.
Its winter and the AC is not being used. Feeling around in the cab on the fire wall feels dry.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-17-2019, 03:38 AM
mynameiskoebel

Vehicle: 2010 Dakota SXT Club Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbio75 View Post
I have an 04 quad cab. I found my carpet soaked on the passenger side front and rear. Peeled it up to let a fan blow under it and found the foam backing was completed saturated. I have completely taken out the carpet and now need to find where the water is coming from. We have been having alot of rain lately.
Its winter and the AC is not being used. Feeling around in the cab on the fire wall feels dry.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Did your heater core leak? Do u have heat and did u check your fluids? Just a thought.

2010 Dakota SXT Quad Cab
Magnaflow exhaust
K and N cold air intake
HID headlights foglights taillights
24" LED lightbar
post #3 of 8 Old 02-17-2019, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Philbio75

My heat still works.
I have not checked my fluids (I will do that)

post #4 of 8 Old 02-20-2019, 12:07 AM
aburger

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Dakota
Modifications: 2/3 Belltech drop, Gibson Headers, Gibson Cat-back exhaust
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Sounds like it's not the common A/C drain issue. I had issues in my 02 SXT where my passenger side mirror seal was bad where it attached to the door. So water would leak down the inside of the door and out of the bottom of the inner door panel and soak into the passenger floor. It just completely soaked it. I also had a leak in my front windshield seal, so water was getting in there as well. I also have leaks in the rear cab panel where the sheet metal was connected. It doesn't leak badly, so I haven't corrected it yet. I also read about water coming in from the 3rd brake light seal, and traveling along the roof line and dripping down to the floor.

Good luck, would like to know what you find out.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-20-2019, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Philbio75

Thanks for the feed back.
2 days of steady rain while parked on the level driveway and no sign of water. I've parked my truck back in the yard on a slight grade where it was parked for 2 weeks to see what happens.
I'll definitely let you know when I figure it out.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-23-2019, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Philbio75

So...
Carpet is still out.
We've been getting tons of rain in East TN and all I could find was a little bit of water pooling in the rear passenger floor board near the door.
I noticed today water leaking from behind the bottom of the door panel which would drip where the water is collecting.
I removed the panel and I had water behind the plastic cover and inside the lower half of the door.
Odd thing is that inside the panel up high did not feel wet.
I feel like I'm narrowing this down. Now to find out where it's getting in the door.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-13-2019, 05:39 AM
Ksoutherns

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I do auto glass for a living and don't claim to be a mechanic. At the bottom edge of the door there should be drain holes. It sounds like to me they may be stopped up. Especially if you removed the door panel and there was standing water in there. Should be able to take a pick tool and remove the clog. Unless the door glass has been broken and it wasn't cleaned up good. From a glass point of view it could be the window channel or felt deteriorated. One way to tell would be to tape off along the window seal from the outside and soak down the roof and door. Then in sections remove the tape and repeat soaking. Each time see if the door is filling up. Obviously those holes are there to allow water to drain as expected. Could be the door is filling up then over flowing out of the speaker cover or some other hole flooding the floor board.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-13-2019, 05:45 AM
Ksoutherns

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

If it wasn't for the door filling up with water and you had a sunroof. Then I would check the drain tubes. When those get clogged it will fill the floor boards with water. If you do have a sunroof, open it and poor water in the front of it. The water should drain out of the corners fairly rapidly. If they're clogged I use gentle air to blow them out. Just don't put to much high pressure or you could blow the tubes off. Resulting in dropping the headliner to reattach them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dakota Durango Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: