Dakota Durango Forum banner

2000 4x4 Crew Budget Project Diary

2K views 9 replies 1 participant last post by  MrJohn613 
#1 ·
Hi , I'm relatively new here and I thought I'd document my new budget 4x4 project, this 2000 Dakota quad cab 4.7 auto. I'm replacing my last project which I had installed a lift, winch, off road lights, and oversize tires. I'm going to be doing pretty much the same things to this truck which I got dirt cheap. So far I have already bought and installed oversized tires, got another small winch, and I've ordered the lift along with a 22" curved led light bar. So far I can only document the before and after on the tires, with photos, as I have not yet received the eBay lift while its in shipment still. I also deleted the clutch fan, and I will document the winch/bumper, led light bar, and lift soon.

#5 ·
I got the LED bar in the mail and after a day or two of procrastination, ive finally installed it. I wanted it to be high and dry, but its too small for roof mount, being only 22" , so I bolted it directly on top the upper half of the factory bumper bar, in front of the grille. I left a little room for the grille to open with the hood, only about 1/4"-3/8" between the grille and the curved led bar. I'm hoping to remove the lower half of the factory bumper eventually, to make room for a small winch and skid plate. I think I will likely retain the steel upper half because it contours nicely to the grille and lights.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.