Dakota Durango Forum banner

4.7L : Stock exhaust & resonator delete?

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dakotaff 
#1 ·
Hey y'all,
I have a 05 Dakota with the V8 4.7 engine (not HO)

I spent a while checking YouTube for this engine with the stock muffler with the resonator delete. did not find anything.

I am looking for just a bit more grunt from the exhaust. When the truck idle, i can barely hear it and it has a effing V8 lol. My Mazda3 makes more noise.

Since i will be towing a caravan with the truck, i am worried that installing a magnaflow exhaust or something would be a bad idea. I do not want to hear a loud exhaust while towing on the highway.

However, i was wondering if removing the last bit of the exhaust, which i believe is a resonator would make a good compromise or if that would be too loud.

That being said, i know i will need to replace the muffler soon because it's really on the verge of falling off lol. ( not leaking yet though )

I noticed that some people put large muffler tip and sometimes makes idle sounds deeper.

I don't know what to do anymore lol. Suggestions?

See less See more
#2 ·
Magnaflow delta might be what your looking for....
I like magna flow because of the huge selection. They got a good youtube video on explaining the line up .

should check it out.

#3 ·
A while back, I replaced the stock muffler with a Magnaflow #12256 muffler, and removed one of the resonators (Not sure if it was the front or rear one). I was looking for a better sound, and when i pulled away from the shop, the exhaust was still pretty quiet. I went right back and had them remove the other resonator, then I had the sound that I wanted. I also put on a Magnaflow #35204 tip to make it look nice. There was some minor drone with the Magnaflow around 65-70 mph.

The stock exhaust eventually rusted out and I installed a Borla Cat Back system, which is a T304 SS system, and will last longer than the truck.

Magnaflow 12256

Borla

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.