Dakota Durango Forum banner

What have you done to your truck today (Part II)

1M views 9K replies 403 participants last post by  91wagovanman 
#1 ·
If you're looking for somewhere to tell about your entire project plans, this isn't it. Just a little something about what you did today. Whether it's changing up your sound system, changing your oil, or finally finish up a big part of the project that you've been working on, etc., post it up here.

#63 ·
finished, installed 2 new hubs, 2 new rotors and pads,2 upper ball joints,2 outer tie rod ends. just got to change my passenger side exhaust manifold, new spark plug, and new pcv valve.

#64 ·
got stuck
got pulled out by my buddy's SAS'd S-10

#73 ·
managed to remove the shield, the exhaust manifold is good, rusty but doesn't need to be replaced. the bolts are too bad for me to remove and the leak is definitly to the back, replacing the gasket and bolts tommorrow at the service station when they do my alignment.

#75 ·
(Silver) Washed the engine and the rest of the truck. Needs a good waxing.

#79 ·
Scored a set of chrome R/T's from craigs list for $300 w/tires, installed, pics to come in the next couple of days. May end up coating them with plasti-dip, not a big fan of chrome.

#81 ·
New tie rods installed last night. Getting an alignment today, then waiting patiently for my cb equipment to arrive so I can install that next. Still gotta replace control arm bushings, but will prob wait til baseball season is over. Gotta get new door pins and bushings too. List just seems to grow every time I replace something. lol

#84 ·
Just finished installing new caliper to the passenger side, actually reman, but looks brand new. what difference in braking with the new pads and rotors.

#89 ·
How easy to get everything off and new stuff on?

You flush the system? Or just press the calipers in and set the new pads? I got to put new rotors on too..

#85 ·
Replaced front shocks and brake pads on the Durango. Rear shocks tomorrow and check the rear brakes.

Seems that one of them might be grabbing before the other. That's what the guy at the shop says. I was worried because my wife let the brake get down to metal on metal, but it wasn't very bad. The router is gouged a bit, but I took it to a shop and he said it wasn't bad, and it would wear in with the new pads with no problem. So when braking it pulls a tiny bit to the left, so he thinks it might be the rear brake catching. I'll check it, and if not, then he can turn the rotor for me.

#86 ·
Washed my truck AGAIN. Had just washed it Sunday.

Fucking birds.

#92 ·
the first was 70 in a 45... completely my fault.. no doubt...
the same road i have previously been arrested on for going 93 in a 45...

the second was this morning for to fast for conditions...
i was making a right turn off a main road onto a secondary road at a red light... where my initial direction of travel had a green light and there was nobody coming opposite to yield to... i was coming from a 55 zone to idk i guess a 45... and i might have been doing 50 around the turn where most people would slow to 35-40... i was stopped by two bicycle cops that were maybe 1/8th mile down the road with a 2 man road crew repainting lines in an off turn lane... i admit it was a lil speedy but completely under control, no water, no fog, midday, no tire squeal... nothing... and deffinatly able to slow before i got to them...

to fast for conditions is a matter of opinion.. i was within speedlimit and could pushin safety do that turn at 70... so i dont think it was fast enough to warrant a ticket...

then the cop said i was all set up for racing and breaking the law and shit...
he mentioned my 5gal train horn air tank as a nos bottle and also noted my radar detector... i laughed inside at the thought of 5 gallons of nos...

#93 ·
all that, and in the end, you still look like a retard, because you got pulled over, IN A TRUCK, by a bike cop.............LOL:funny::funny::funny: