Check out my rig! '04 Dak 4.7l quad cab. Lot of work coming up! - Dakota Durango Forum
Photos & Videos Subforum Links: Photoshop Forum * Part-Specific Photos * The Build Up Forum
Quick Links : Photo Gallery * Your Photo Albums * Photos FAQ

post #1 of 7 Old 06-21-2019, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Frog Feathers

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Garage
Check out my rig! '04 Dak 4.7l quad cab. Lot of work coming up!

Hey all! still new here but long time lurker! Just gonna share some of my progress with yall!

2004 Dak 4.7l quad cab

I ordered some side step bars, a cover for the bed, a bull bar, some fog lights to mount to the bull bar, a new flowmaster exhaust system and a few other smalls to put on over the 4th of july weekend as well as trying to get my fender flares removed and painted black to match the theme of the truck. Gonna be a busy few days in the shop!

Heres a stock picture of when i purchased he truck a year ago, got somewhat in to fixing it up about 2 months ago and now I cant stop...

Tell me what you think of it so far and Ill upload some more pictures after shes all cleaned up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg truck1.jpg (185.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg zactruck.jpg (522.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg zactruck5.jpg (137.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg zactruck4.jpg (492.6 KB, 32 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-21-2019, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Frog Feathers

Garage
also, heres my engine bay, I tried cleaning it up to the best of my abilities but id love to hear and see some cleaner bays to get an idea of where to start. dont mind the tape over the air intake, was a temporary fix until I found a rubber grommet to plug the hole. I was thinking about adding a throttle body spacer since im just throwing money around at this point, trying to get as much power as I can without super charging it or adding a turbo. any ideas on this would be helpful to me as well. I do have superchips flashpaq installed and running the 91 octane tune, added with octane booster every other time I fuel up. Would love to hear from you guys!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg truckbay.jpg (385.3 KB, 21 views)
post #3 of 7 Old 06-21-2019, 08:25 PM
8cylinder287

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Looks good! Save your money on the throttle body spacer, they don’t do anything. How did you paint the wheels? I’ve been thinking on doing mine but wasn’t sure the proper way to go about it.

2002 4.7, Jeep TCM, H.O. cams, shorty headers, true dual exhaust, 70mm throttle body, 39lb injectors, kenne bell supercharger
post #4 of 7 Old 06-22-2019, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
Frog Feathers

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cylinder287 View Post
Looks good! Save your money on the throttle body spacer, they dont do anything. How did you paint the wheels? Ive been thinking on doing mine but wasnt sure the proper way to go about it.
So my friend gave me the idea to use the rubber lining spray so i can peel it off in the future if need be. I used an entire can on each wheel because if you dont its extremely difficult to remove. Thick coats make it easier to peel off in one chunk rather than bits and pieces. they do sell it in multiple colors but black seemed like the only option for me. I cut out a template from cardboard and just went hog wild with it, only took a couple hours for all 4 and im pleased with the results.

also, Yeah after I posted this i checked the thread and everyone seems to refer to the TB spacer and a paper weight for your truck lol.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-22-2019, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Frog Feathers

Garage
Fender flares to be painted matte black tomorrow as well as the installation of the exhaust kit. Wish me luck! Kinda nervous about the fender flares, but then again im nervous about everything I add to this truck lol.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-27-2019, 02:27 PM
ricochet1490

Vehicle: quad cab
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

More research on this whole power thing will tell you to get the 08+ intake manifold and a larger throttle body to go with it. If you're throwing money around Airram has all the goodies. Expect some noticeable power differences.

Tires make that truck look really good. I also have an 04 quad cab. Be sure to treat that rear bumper right. Finding clean ones like that is tough.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-12-2019, 12:41 AM
TroyJustin

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog Feathers View Post
So my friend gave me the idea to use the rubber lining spray so i can peel it off in the future if need be. I used an entire can on each wheel because if you dont its extremely difficult to remove. Thick coats make it easier to peel off in one chunk rather than bits and pieces. they do sell it in multiple colors but black seemed like the only option for me. I cut out a template from cardboard and just went hog wild with it, only took a couple hours for all 4 and im pleased with the results.

also, Yeah after I posted this i checked the thread and everyone seems to refer to the TB spacer and a paper weight for your truck lol.
Bed liner on the rims. I never thought of this and it actually is pretty genius. Might have to use that trick on mine.

What kind of tires are you running? They look pretty good. Nice truck overall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dakota Durango Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: