Dakota Durango Forum

Dakota Durango Forum (https://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.7L/4.7L HO/4.7L Gen II Engines (https://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   New fuel pump but does not start. code p0627 (https://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=473123)

puzzle 05-16-2019 08:17 PM

New fuel pump but does not start. code p0627

My Dakota shut off while driving 40 mph scanned the codes and got p0627 (fuel pump control circuit/ open) took it to a mechanic they were sure it was the fuel pump. So he replaced the fuel pump but the truck still does not start and now we have another code p0499 evap system circuit high. The truck cranks over but does not start. Has new battery and sparkplugs. The truck did run after putting some fuel in the intake but then shut off as soon as small amount of fuel went out.
Has anyone fixed code p0627 if so how did you do it? thanks.

Joe Marotta 05-23-2019 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puzzle (Post 4134609)
My Dakota shut off while driving 40 mph scanned the codes and got p0627 (fuel pump control circuit/ open) took it to a mechanic they were sure it was the fuel pump. So he replaced the fuel pump but the truck still does not start and now we have another code p0499 evap system circuit high. The truck cranks over but does not start. Has new battery and sparkplugs. The truck did run after putting some fuel in the intake but then shut off as soon as small amount of fuel went out.
Has anyone fixed code p0627 if so how did you do it? thanks.

You have an aggravating situation, and I feel for you. That person should have checked to see if there was current to the fuel pump relay, and the ground control from the PCM as well as your wiring under the PDC where all your relays and some fuses are by the battery. He didn't check for current and ground at the pump and be God when he pulled the tank he left something off or overlooked the hoses because now you have a vacuum leak throwing that po449. You need to get it running first before you trust that code. If you wiggle the PCM plug closest to the fire wall or the ""right one"", "staring at the front of the plugs", with key on you will no doubt hear the relays click in the PDC . You and I both need a PCM my 99 Durango 5.9 is getting to me as well, and the first PMC from Car Computer Exchange would only power my ignition coil for one minute,, then strand me. It will take two or three weeks to get it back from them, back and fourth in the slow ass mail. I don't think any of those used made to work PCM stores are worth a dam. They simply don't have any way to test them..
Stay in touch..:biggrin:

havensed 05-23-2019 11:42 PM

These are guys I used...
https://carcomputerexchange.com/?cam...xoCyfoQAvD_BwE

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Joe Marotta 05-24-2019 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havensed (Post 4134689)
These are guys I used...
https://carcomputerexchange.com/?cam...xoCyfoQAvD_BwE

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Thanks, and that's actually who I'm dealing with. I'm stuck now, there the guys that hole saw the back and just patch them up, and call them rebuilt, but there not real expensive like the companies that actually uses a solvent to get all the gel out and re-solder the entire board if needed then replace with new gel. There about 400.00, but they last forever. the aluminum case is meant to be a heat sink and when they glue the piece back in CCExchange, that is destroyed. You can see on U Tube about how bad that is to do that. I sure hope they get it working at least for a year, because a lifetime warranty means nothing the second time your truck has to be towed. I sent it off to them this Monday and nothing from them so far. They wont return emails or phone messages ever.. I'm concerned this is going to be a problem..:devil:

Joe Marotta 05-30-2019 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Marotta (Post 4134691)
Thanks, and that's actually who I'm dealing with. I'm stuck now, there the guys that hole saw the back and just patch them up, and call them rebuilt, but there not real expensive like the companies that actually uses a solvent to get all the gel out and re-solder the entire board if needed then replace with new gel. There about 400.00, but they last forever. the aluminum case is meant to be a heat sink and when they glue the piece back in CCExchange, that is destroyed. You can see on U Tube about how bad that is to do that. I sure hope they get it working at least for a year, because a lifetime warranty means nothing the second time your truck has to be towed. I sent it off to them this Monday and nothing from them so far. They wont return emails or phone messages ever.. I'm concerned this is going to be a problem..:devil:

5/29/19, After leaving them 4 emails and 3 voice messages with no return reply from anybody there, I called today and it seems all that's there are woman office staff that are there for no reason but to but you off once you have paid. Be aware that their lifetime warranty is only 2 replacements from the original purchase so I guess I'm at one now since the first one had no control to ignition coil and I had to be pushed off the road in 1000 feet. They said that they just received the PCM returned from me just yesterday. That's a week and a half from mailing it to them. Tiny print on there warranty explains, no labor is covered for warranty work even if it is their fault. Many reviews tell me their labor charges are almost the cost of the original purchase price, SO THERE IS NO WARRANTY, BE WARE! Also there return fee for cash back is half the original purchase price, after a 25% restocking fee plus me paying for all the shipping back and forth. I suspect they will send the same PCM back to me without any repair and I will be out 275.00. The 5.9 is a higher price PCM. I paid through Pay Pal and will contact them if needed, but CC EX can flat refuse to pay, which better business bureau say's is what always happens. I feel like I've been robbed !!:serious: