Dakota Durango Forum banner

R/T, SLT, SXT...... What do these mean?

91K views 95 replies 56 participants last post by  Big_Texxan 
#1 ·
I've tried to look through all the boards before I asked so I wouldn't look stupid asking this question. I have an Durango SLT so I just wanted to know what I have.

#93 ·
also the slt has the better motor options too. i have an sxt and its got a crappy lil 3.7 in it,lol.

the slt has the 4.7 or the 318 or the (360 in the durango.) my granny has an slt with a 360)

the r/t came with only the 360 engine.

#9 ·
MoparREVolution said:
I think you may be getting confused with the SRT brand

SRT = Street and Racing Technology
Considering that it was R/T before it was SRT , and the street was added later, i think its Racing Technology...and i read that somewhere like four years ago. So maybe im just making it up....At least there wasnt a person stupid enough to ask what the 4,8, and 10 stand for....

#15 ·
R/T is road and track, Hands down. It has always stood for that.

#16 ·
Ok, rt= road and track, but i'm confused because my sister owns a dodge neon rt and it says racing tech.?? not arguing just saying...

#19 · (Edited)
SXT= Sum Xtras Truck
SLT= Sure Looks Tight
Sport= (I Know) Super Pimp Or Really Tight :mullet:

Damn, I knew I bought a Sport for a reason....LMAO :drive: :rofl:

#21 ·
00RangoRida said:
im pretty sure that SRT stands for Street and Racing Team, not Street and Racing Technology.
So everyone who owns an RT or SRT is on the Dodge Racing team? no, i know for a fact that SRT stand for Street and Racing Technology, im just trying to find out what the RT stands for.

#25 ·
YellowKota2k said:
...And you're still wrong. If that were true, why wouldn't it be named SR/T and not just SRT?
:rofl:

For some reason this whole discussion reminds me of celebrity jeopardy, yellow is Alex, and downboi is sean connery :rofl:

#26 ·
Too much opinion, not enough facts! Google is an amazing thing! Essentially, these names/letters have become nothing more than package identifiers much like SE (used to be Special Edition), LE (formerly Limited Edition), Deluxe, Limited, Grande, GT, etc.

allpar.com

The Dodge SRT-4 is the second fastest current-production Chrysler vehicle, and one of the fastest Dodges ever made. Even with that mind-blowing acceleration - seen in recent Dodge history only by the Viper, Spirit R/T [Road and Track], and Daytona R/T - the Dodge Neon SRT-4 started in 2003 at under $20,000, making it cheaper than a base model Stratus (the 2004 and 2005 are under $21,000).

SRT-4 is based on the standard SRT name given, confusingly enough, to vehicles modified by the PVO Group - that's Performance Vehicle Operations. SRT originally stood for "Street and Racing Technology" but now stands for "Strip, Road, and Track" - similar to the old R/T designation which seems to have been abandoned.
Musclecarclub.com
New for 1967 was the Coronet R/T (Road/Track), which was the performance model that was equally at home on the road and on the track.
theautochannel.com
There are three Charger V-8 models, R/T, R/T with the Road and Track tuning package, and the Daytona R/T.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.