P0545 & Po307 engine codes... - Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums
Register Home Forum Extras Website Features Timeslips Calendar Garage Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Troubleshooter's Forum A place to ask technical questions.

Dakota-Durango.com is the premier Dodge Dakota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:46 PM

Vehicle: '98 Dakota sport 318 v8
P0545 & Po307 engine codes...

Hi all,
I'm having problems with my '98 Dakota (318ci).
I've just started getting the P0545 code which refers to an A/C Clutch problem. Any idea what this maybe? I've read somewhere that this may be the relay? Not sure where to start on this one... Don't want to order parts unneccesarily as it's expensive getting them shipped to the UK, especially if it's not the right one! I usually run the A/C on her and it's still putting lovely cold air out without problem.
Also, I keep getting the P0307 (misfire on cylinder 7) code come up. I've replaced the sparkies several times now and it seems to work for a couple of months and then comes back. I've also replaced the HT leads twice. Other times the error will just come up, turn off and turn her over and it's gone.
the truck seems to be pulling fine, plenty of power and doesn't sound sick so I'm not convinced there is a misfire.
Would appreciate any advice on these, as being in the UK, there aren't too many Dodge's round here and most garages don't want to touch it, so I'm learning it all myself as I go along.
All advice appreciated.
Thanks - Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2009, 12:55 AM
Jersey Boy

Vehicle: 2000 Durango SLT+ 4.7
Reputation: 174 TazRango is a name known to allTazRango is a name known to all

Quote:
"Ever had one of those days where you want to light someone's face on fire and try to put it out with a fork?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Texxan View Post
fuck it, Im going to convert those to HID and stick them in my heads, fogs, tails, double heads, and my butt so I make a halo while shitting

It would be like a holy shit, and maybe one around my penis for that illuminating experience a girl has hahahaahahahaah
Quote:
"Through this inscription I wish to enter my dying protest against what is called the Democratic party. I have watched it closely since the days of Jackson, and know that all the misfortunes of our nation has come to it though this so-called party. Therefore beware this party of TREASON." -Nathaniel Grigsby (1890)
Quote:
"How many times is Biden gonna say something stupid?" -Barack Obama (378 gaffes and counting!)

Last edited by TazRango; 08-18-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:22 AM

Thanks for the quick answer. I'll have a butchers at this next week some time and see if that is the cause. As for the rotor/cap I do have a couple of these spare, so I'll do that at the same time. Fingers crossed she'll be ok. The mileage is highish - 120,000 - and I didn't want to test the compression as I'd be too scared to see the results! Especially as last time I had something similar on an f150, it cost 8k to get the engine rebuilt here and then it went up in flames a week later. Big ouch!
Old 06-22-2009, 07:43 PM

Well, i swapped the relay from the front fog lights with the a/c clutch the other day. So far the check engine light has not come back on. However due to an accident i've been unable to do anything else on her since Friday.
Fear not on the front fog relay, it's illegal to use them here unless in fog, and as its summer time here, i shouldn't need it. Then again, its england and you never know... That gives the local Chrysler/Jeep garage some time to get sent out to me...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: