A/c Compressor squeaky? - Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums
Register Home Forum Extras Website Features Timeslips Calendar Garage Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2.5L/3.7L/3.9L Engines Questions regarding the I4 and V6 Engines

Dakota-Durango.com is the premier Dodge Dakota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Bring back Intense Blue

Vehicle: 00kota Sport/99rango SLT
Send a message via AIM to Grouned Send a message via Yahoo to Grouned
A/c Compressor squeaky?

My ac compressor mayes a squeaking sound when it cold and sometime when it rains. When i start it up i spray some lube in the pully and it goes away. I really shoaked it this last time and by the time i got home i could hear it squeaking a little bit. so my question is do u think i need a new on or can i maybe take the belt off and pull the pully off nad use some grease. I don't use my ac i rather have the windows down on a warm/hot day but i kinda don't want to get rid of it.?

Dakota mods- Lowered 4/3, Smoked 1 peice headlights with 10000k lights, 20000k fogs, Flowmaster 40 series, Hand painted Flamed dash, Rollpan, Body colored 15x8 wheels with 265/50/15-295/50/15 tires.
5 Door Whore #37 Durango mods- 40 series flowmaster and 6000k headlights (hopeully soon 3'BL and 33's
Mopar or no Car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2007, 08:23 PM
#19 ƃop ǝnןq ǝןʇʇıן

Vehicle: '94 Dodge Dakota Sport
Reputation: 582 Little Blue Guy is getting up thereLittle Blue Guy is getting up thereLittle Blue Guy is getting up thereLittle Blue Guy is getting up thereLittle Blue Guy is getting up thereLittle Blue Guy is getting up there
To me it sounds like noise is from belt, not compressor. Spraying that stuff on it only makes things worse. The stuff draws dirt & small objects into the grooves of the belt & pulleys. My advise here, get new belt, clean all pulley grooves and see what happens. You are gonna need to do this anyway.

Bryan

Old 03-12-2007, 03:07 AM
Bring back Intense Blue

It i9s not the belt, if i was stuipd engough to spary on the belt it would be sliping. It's the pully, the pully on the ac is like a bearing two peices and i spraied between the two.

Dakota mods- Lowered 4/3, Smoked 1 peice headlights with 10000k lights, 20000k fogs, Flowmaster 40 series, Hand painted Flamed dash, Rollpan, Body colored 15x8 wheels with 265/50/15-295/50/15 tires.
5 Door Whore #37 Durango mods- 40 series flowmaster and 6000k headlights (hopeully soon 3'BL and 33's
Mopar or no Car.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:10 AM
Kanadian Kid

Vehicle: 1999 Dakota CC
Does it squeek constantly? or only when the compressor is engaged/disengaged? Maybe just take the clutch apart and clean it.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:12 AM
Bring back Intense Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine
Does it squeek constantly? or only when the compressor is engaged/disengaged? Maybe just take the clutch apart and clean it.
It doesn't squeak contesliy. it's goes away after like 45mins or driving. but it squeaks weither or not it's engaged. I'm gonna take it apart tommorow and clean it and maybe polish it. thanks

Mopar or no Car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: